Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Spotlight: Blaster

The good thing about IDW is that the ads are all chucked up in the back instead of breaking up the story like Marvel does.

I went to the local comic place yesterday to find out what IDW have to offer.. I didn't have $500 to spend though..

Spotlight series will have a trade one day.. right?

I'd lend you mine Shanty-man but you still owe me my Clerks comics.....

Wheres the beef?

Ha! Roller knows his shit!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    Just on a sidenote: I will always take a TPB over individual issues because:-

-No ads
    -Fits in the bookcase nicely
    -Better price
    -You can read the whole story in one fulfilling session instead of getting a 4 minute fix once a month that leaves you hanging for the next issue
    I do agree them sitting on the shelf much more nicely. That's a definite plus for those of us with multiple hobbies. However, I think there is still a place for individual comics. My reasons:

- Covers: it's great to be able to pick up a comic and just marvel at the cover. A TPB has one cover and you have to flip inside to see the cover you want. It's a lovely piece of art. For Transformers comics, I have gotten more variants than of any other comic series I've ever read.
    - Serial format: written well, this leaves you wanting more, makes you ponder between issues and expands your enjoyment of comics.
    - Supporting the comic: if you like a comic enough it's important that you support it b/c many comics depend on their monthly circulation to sell in TP format. If it does generate a decent buzz at the comic level, it's unlikely to succeed at TPB level. The exception to this tends to be Vertigo.

Those are the primary reasons why I do buy comics individually though for stuff I care less about with not so attractive covers, it's gone to trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipesqueak View Post
    One comic shop in Adelaide wanted $48 for the first Spotlight TP!!
    That is crazy. If you do need help, let some of us in the other states know. I could ship it to you for $26 if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by springah View Post
    I went to the local comic place yesterday to find out what IDW have to offer.. I didn't have $500 to spend though..

Spotlight series will have a trade one day.. right?
    They already do. My recommendation is try this from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-P.../dp/1600101186

It collects over 500 pages of Transformer stories at a great prce and not at $500. It should set you back only about $80-90 on Amazon I took some pics of mine in this thread here:

http://otca.invisionzone.com/index.p...ndpost&p=46317

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    I'd lend you mine Shanty-man but you still owe me my Clerks comics.....
    YOU! i KNEW you were around!! i got them here damn you haha.

also im on holidays for 3 weeks, lemmie know when!

Well i might have to raid Griff's collection because thats a good price to subscribe to.

Overall I thought it was a good issue, hardly my favourte though. Despite his pacifist like nature, Beachcomber gave away his guilt with his expression in every panel I think. So the mystery could have been handled better, but Blasters character was good, as has been said before shades of both the comic and the cartoon.

Other neat cameos I liked were Brave Maximus and Landfill. And there's also a yellow and black robot.. is that SALT-MAN-Z?! (o_
    No one's mentioned Spinster, Needlenose, Dreadwind, and Pincher to add to the funky cameos.

I like the way Simon Furman and the IDW comic use characters from the broad spectrum of the G1 universe, rather than being boged down by the original toy chronology.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Overall I thought it was a good issue, hardly my favourte though. Despite his pacifist like nature, Beachcomber gave away his guilt with his expression in every panel I think. So the mystery could have been handled better, but Blasters character was good, as has been said before shades of both the comic and the cartoon.

No one's mentioned Spinster, Needlenose, Dreadwind, and Pincher to add to the funky cameos.

I like the way Simon Furman and the IDW comic use characters from the broad spectrum of the G1 universe, rather than being boged down by the original toy chronology.
    There's also Overdrive, Trailbreaker, Downshift, Chase, Dogfight, Crosshairs, Getaway and a few others. I've deliberately neglected a key character to the subplot so as to make the read a bit more surprising.