Page 61 of 183 FirstFirst ... 415156575859606162636465667181 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

zOMG!! I just called Hasbro Australia and my call was - eventually - ANSWERED BY A PERSON!!!
    . . . who then took down my contact details and said that they'd call me back about my query . . .

Lolz.
    You'll get there one day with Hasbro, Goki

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Lolz.
    You'll get there one day with Hasbro, Goki
    Well, I finally got a call back!

Aaaaaand, my Horri-Bull's neck joint snapped off today.
    I was being super gentle and slow with it while trying to add more pieces of blu tac to help support the weight of the bull head... and it just broke off like a piece of butter. I super glued to piece back on, and it actually feels more secure than before it broke. When I got the toy, I already noticed that there was a crack on top of the one remaining hook that holds the neck in place. Today, the remaining side just gave way. After I reassembled the neck joint, I noticed that unfolding the bull head exerts outward pressure on the joint. Combined with the load bearing of that head in robot mode, and over a period of 26 years, the plastic just couldn't hold.

Although it felt the same as experiencing GPS, I don't think it's the same. GPS happens just because the plastic quality is just inherently bad. Horri-Bull's problem is that the joint is just really poorly designed. The continual outward force and downward load just places stress on that neck joint. It's little wonder that there are so many headless (in alt mode) Horri-Bull's out there. Horri-Bull is just a horrible (sic) design, even by G1 Headmaster standards, and it's abundantly clear to me now why I skipped this toy back in 1988. My very first Headmasters were Apeface and Snapdragon, and tbh, all other Headmasters (aside from Fort Max) have paled in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I was being super gentle and slow with it while trying to add more pieces of blu tac to help support the weight of the bull head... and it just broke off like a piece of butter. I super glued to piece back on, and it actually feels more secure than before it broke. When I got the toy, I already noticed that there was a crack on top of the one remaining hook that holds the neck in place. Today, the remaining side just gave way. After I reassembled the neck joint, I noticed that unfolding the bull head exerts outward pressure on the joint. Combined with the load bearing of that head in robot mode, and over a period of 26 years, the plastic just couldn't hold.

Although it felt the same as experiencing GPS, I don't think it's the same. GPS happens just because the plastic quality is just inherently bad. Horri-Bull's problem is that the joint is just really poorly designed. The continual outward force and downward load just places stress on that neck joint. It's little wonder that there are so many headless (in alt mode) Horri-Bull's out there. Horri-Bull is just a horrible (sic) design, even by G1 Headmaster standards, and it's abundantly clear to me now why I skipped this toy back in 1988. My very first Headmasters were Apeface and Snapdragon, and tbh, all other Headmasters (aside from Fort Max) have paled in comparison.
    The 1987 Decepticon Targetmaster Nebulans are similarly stupid in that their 'abdominal/arse' joint's tabs seem designed to self-destruct. Does the Kreb that you're selling have a sore neck joint too - if not, wouldn't you prefer to keep him instead of the broken one?

sorry to hear man, & you just got him too

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    sorry to hear man, & you just got him too
    Yeah... I got to enjoy Horri-Bull for two whole days before he got decapitated!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    The 1987 Decepticon Targetmaster Nebulans are similarly stupid in that their 'abdominal/arse' joint's tabs seem designed to self-destruct.
    Gah... so true. Thankfully Triggerhappy/Blowpipe was the only one I paid for (at RRP), but yes, those Nebulans' joints snapped pretty easily and quickly too. I got Misfire/Aimless and Slugslinger/Caliburst for free (the original owners had "grown out" of Transformers and gave them to me. ) I actually had two Misfires/Aimlesses at one stage, but traded the spare off (unfortunately the other guy never fulfilled his side of the bargain )
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Does the Kreb that you're selling have a sore neck joint too - if not, wouldn't you prefer to keep him instead of the broken one?
    Neither of my Krebs have any joint problems. <knock.on.wood>
    It's only the alt mode's bull head that I've had problems with.

Neither of my Krebs have any joint problems. <knock.on.wood>
    It's only the alt mode's bull head that I've had problems with.
    Ah, I see - I've been imagining that it's Horri-Bull's other neck - his robot mode neck joint, i.e. Kreb's head that broke off. That really sucks that your new, expensive toy did that.

This sucks. You just bought it for heaps too.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Just got my MISB Animated Shockwave the other day and really loving the guy, though that's to be expected because in my highly subjective opinion, anything related to Animated is gold. I did have a small gripe and that is his chin piece falls off really easy, is this a problem for anyone else as well?

It's a bit annoying when moving the head around.

On second thoughts I must be pretty lucky if this is the only thing I have to vent about.