Page 767 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 747757762763764765766767768769770771772777787 ... LastLast
Results 7,661 to 7,670 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Which book?
    It's a Japanese book/magazine called Sensational Model & Hobby. From memory, I feel like these were Botcon creative works (and Autobot X would definitely suggest that too) but I couldn't remember if (like Magnus, Superion, Predaking, Bruticus, Metroplex, Perceptor, Galvatron, Slicer, Omega Spreem, Double Punch) we'd ever seen evidence that they were planned as Action Masters/recolours.

And, after some detective work, it does indeed look like they were entries in the Botcon 96 Art comp (maybe by 'Weeter') - they're not in these pics, but the toys behind and 'under' them are.

Not quite detective work, going through Geocities archives is more like archaeology.

I've never seen anything to suggest this was a possibility.

(As an aside: Did Japan even get the Action Masters at all (other than that New Year special Optimus)? )

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Not quite detective work, going through Geocities archives is more like archaeology.

I've never seen anything to suggest this was a possibility. Did Japan even get the Action Masters at all (other than that New Year special Optimus)?
    (Ha. ) Well, there were the designs in the back of the second volume of Generations (Magnus, Superion, Predaking, Bruticus, Metroplex, Perceptor and Galvatron) and Double Punch (in colours and head design) seemed to be based on BlackZarak, so I thought there could have been Japanese Action Masters planned that never eventuated.

Off the top of my head, Starscream to Thundercracker was the only Action Master repaint that used an existing character? And even then there were very few recolours and all of them also the Euro vehicle ones (Rumbler, Slicer, Circuit).

If Action Masters came out today instead of 1990 we'd expect to see Ultra Magnus, Stepper, Twincast, Skywarp, Thrust, Dirge, Ramjet, Grapple, Bluestreak, Smokescreen, and Soundblaster (at least). And new guys like Krok, Jackpot, Axer and the rest wouldn't stand much of a chance of existing.

(As an aside: Did Japan even get the Action Masters at all (other than that New Year special Optimus)? )
    Nope.
    Off the top of my head, Starscream to Thundercracker was the only Action Master repaint that used an existing character? And even then there were very few recolours and all of them also the Euro vehicle ones (Rumbler, Slicer, Circuit).
    True!

Does anyone remember that original RRPs for Cybertron Primus and Energon Omega Supreme? I vaguely recall $155 for Primus, and somewhere between $100-150 for Omega Supreme, but I'm really not sure.

Is anyone familiar with a TF figure that is reminiscent of this design when in robot-mode?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Is anyone familiar with a TF figure that is reminiscent of this design when in robot-mode?[/IMG]
    Depending on how relevant scale is, Voyager Onslaught was the first that came to mind. Pretty sure you could lose the SWAT shield easily enough. Looks like he might have a bad case of butt-flap though...
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Depending on how relevant scale is, Voyager Onslaught was the first that came to mind. Pretty sure you could lose the SWAT shield easily enough. Looks like he might have a bad case of butt-flap though...
    I can see why he sprang to mind for you.

Scale has never worried me. But then, I didn't collect Beast Machines toys. Ha! Yeah, twist that knife...

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Animated Leader Megatron's shoulders are similar to that sketch