Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: MP38 Supreme Commander Convoy (Optimus Primal).

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    how is that "ruined"? Are you sure you didn't mean "improved"?
    I have the Timelines version of Airazor - I think it works quite well as a female

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    ... remember airazor was a man and were writing on the fly until tigertron and airazor kissed and ruined their little bromance they had going on.
    They could have easily solved that problem had they watched that episode of Blackadder where he falls in love with his manservant "Bob"...

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

how is that "ruined"? Are you sure you didn't mean "improved"?
    Subject to opinion, I noticed alot of older anime's (especially those with kids as a big focus ie mecha) stick to stereotypes, and seeing how airazor the toy wasn't designed as a female as such (they take their toy accuracy seriously) I would suspect what happened may of been jarring for native viewers (as well as the crew who thought making them bro's was a smart idea )

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    They could have easily solved that problem had they watched that episode of Blackadder where he falls in love with his manservant "Bob"...
    Heh, if only~

Subject to opinion, I noticed alot of older anime's (especially those with kids as a big focus ie mecha) stick to stereotypes, and seeing how airazor the toy wasn't designed as a female as such (they take their toy accuracy seriously) I would suspect what happened may of been jarring for native viewers (as well as the crew who thought making them bro's was a smart idea )
    Yeah, I see what you're saying about the native viewers, I don't know what gay representation was like on Japanese TV in the 90s, (apart from Haruka and Michiru in Sailor Moon), so it might have been surprising then.

I actually asked what you meant, because your original comment sounded like you had a problem with two people of the same gender kissing. :/

until tigertron and airazor kissed and ruined their little bromance they had going on.

Anyway, the Japanese Beast Wars Magazine seems to think it improved their relationship so,

Question: "If Tigatron and Airazor are both boys, how come they were flirting when the Aliens abducted them?"

Answer: "Even among humans there are boys who both love (like) each other. In the case of Tigatron and Airazor, they had been fighting together for a long time and as their emotions increased, their friendship turned to feelings of love. 'Transform', indeed!"
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Yeah, I see what you're saying about the native viewers, I don't know what gay representation was like on Japanese TV in the 90s, (apart from Haruka and Michiru in Sailor Moon), so it might have been surprising then.
    IMO not really great. Beast Wars Second's Starscream was a very stereotypical effeminately camp archetype, and while never stated to be gay, basically played on all the stereotypes. These included:
    * The use of feminine language features, such as 「行くよ、BB!] ("Ikuwayo, BB!" = 'Let's go, BB!'); note the use of the feminine particle "wa."
    * Putting his hand up to his face when he laughs. In Japan, women are expected to cover their mouths when they laugh as this is considered to be ladylike behaviour. For a woman to laugh without covering her mouth would be the equivalent of seeing a woman manspreading.

So seeing Airazor and Tigatron becoming the first male-male Conjunx Endurae in Japanese canon was most surprising indeed. A pleasant surprise, but a surprise for sure.

Looks like the Asia edition bonus is a bunch of bananas:

Plus we have a scan from Figure King #228, with a shot of weapons storage:

I'm so close to canceling my preorder at this point, none of the promo shots are improving my opinion of him.

This is out now in Hong Kong, and the Asia bonus item is a bunch of 3 plastic bananas, in a box that is similar to the bonus box given with the Beast Convoy Masterpiece toy.
    Some photos can be seen here.

Why only 3 bananas