Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Takara Masterpiece Dinobot - CG renders

FatalityPitt Guest

Default Takara Masterpiece Dinobot - CG renders

CG pictures of MP Dinobot, unveiled at the Tokyo Toy Show.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...dinobot/38359/

Mmmmmmmmmmm can't wait for prototypes to be seen

A bit off here and there, but i'm definitely liking what I see!

And here's a digibash!:

Okay... let's look at the reveal timeline for MP Optimus Primal, to get an idea of when Dinobot might be released.

June 2015 - concept revealed at Tokyo Toy Show (just a solid Gorilla model to announce the plans for a toy)
    December 2015 - first reveal of CGI models
    February 2016 - first grey prototype images
    March 2016 - first coloured prototype images
    October 2016 - toy officially released

So it was 10 months between CGI model and the release of the Optimus Primal toy, and if that pattern is a guide, Dinobot will be released around April 2018... give or take 2 months. (but probably close to that month, because if they were any further along with the design process, they would have shown it at the Toy Show this weekend)
    That also tells us that we should see the first prototype figure of Dinobot, some time in August.

It's amazing (to me) to think that it has been two years now since we were first wowed with an announcement of a Beast Wars Masterpiece toy, and despite the slow going (just two released in that time and only one redeco and one new mould announced), it probably hasn't felt that long to (BW) fans of these.

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's amazing (to me) to think that it has been two years now since we were first wowed with an announcement of a Beast Wars Masterpiece toy, and despite the slow going (just two released in that time and only one redeco and one new mould announced), it probably hasn't felt that long to (BW) fans of these.
    Yeah, they don't often release new Beast Wars figures nowadays. I wonder if they'll do a Generations sub-line around BW after or during Power of the Primes. Optimus Primal won the fan vote back in Feb, and he and BW Megs are in the Earth Wars mobile game; so hopefully that means Hasbro/Takara have plans to resurrect the Beast Wars concept like they did with Combiners and Headmasters.

What a sexy beast!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

No kibble in either mode and accurate from every angle... this thing is going to have a remarkable transformation!

I'm thinking the size will be the only point of contention once this is fully shown off. Due to price, I'm not sure they'll do it as large as people will want, and by extension how big they'd have to do an eventual Megatron as well. We'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Okay... let's look at the reveal timeline for MP Optimus Primal, to get an idea of when Dinobot might be released.

June 2015 - concept revealed at Tokyo Toy Show (just a solid Gorilla model to announce the plans for a toy)
    December 2015 - first reveal of CGI models
    February 2016 - first grey prototype images
    March 2016 - first coloured prototype images
    October 2016 - toy officially released
    And then Dinobot went from CGI to Prototype in 2 days. Should be released in a couple weeks!