Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seekers

Question Seekers

hi people, i just got the generations Thundercracker off eBay for $30, and I m looking to add some more seekers or coneheads to my collection. It's a tough situation for me, so here goes. I really want classics or universe starscream and Classics Skywarp. But i also want the generations dirge and thrust. I've heard both options are great, but I'm unsure. Both options come at a hefty price online, and I've heard they all are very articulate and detailed. It's a very tricky decision. I can't get all of them- and the original seekers would look good but I also love those coneheads. And no, I'm not getting the 1984-6 ones, because they're way to expensive and not as accurate as what I'd like. So what's your verdict- I've only got 1 g1 con- and thats generations thundercracker- which needs some roomates- so which ones? Seekers or Coneheads? And also, which starscream should i get? Universe or classiccs- universe is more accurate but a different mold. Anyone got a good size comparison of generations thundercracker and universe star scream? So- which pair.

Err, the classics/universe 2.0/generations/henkei/botcon seekers are all the same mould. The only differences between any of them are the wings, heads (cone or not) and colours.

These aren't my images, but here is proof.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are.
    Henkei Thundercracker
    Classics Starscream
    Classics Skywarp
    Universe Acid Storm
    Classics Ramjet
    Henkei Thrust
    Henkei Dirge

Quote Originally Posted by KillinSpoon View Post
    Err, the classics/universe 2.0/generations/henkei/botcon seekers are all the same mould. The only differences between any of them are the wings, heads (cone or not) and colours.

These aren't my images, but here is proof.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are.
    Henkei Thundercracker
    Classics Starscream
    Classics Skywarp
    Universe Acid Storm
    Classics Ramjet
    Henkei Thrust
    Henkei Dirge
    Thanks dude, didn't notice. I like the universe paint job for starscream better since its more accurate but then that looks weird since skywarp also has a different wing paint job. so should I get the conies of the seekers? FYi, I'm getting either classics/universe/generations. Acid storm looks alright but there's no other RMs so ill wait and see. Which pair do you think? I might actually get screamer and dirge- just to mix it up.

I take it Generations Thundercracker didn't pegwarm in Melbourne Kmarts like it did in Sydney (and was sold for $23-25). Still... $30 is a fair price for a Deluxe.

Quote Originally Posted by KillinSpoon View Post
    Henkei Thundercracker
    Classics Starscream
    Classics Skywarp
    Universe Acid Storm
    Classics Ramjet
    Henkei Thrust
    Henkei Dirge
    The toys that you've referred to as "Henkei" are from a special line called 'Gentei! Gentei!', which is the Japanese word for "limited" -- and that's precisely what they are, limited exclusives, and expensive. "Henkei" is used to refer to the common regular store release toys (like Starscream and Ramjet).

Also, Gentei Thundercracker and Skywarp have mould degradation issues. Classics, Universe, Henkei and Generations were regular store releases, so should be easier to find.

Here are some photos of my Classicsverse Seekers:

I have:
    Classics Starscream
    Gentei Thundercracker
    Gentei Skywarp
    Generations Dirge
    Classics Ramjet
    Gentei Thrust
    I paid $25-30 for each Classics/Generations Seeker, and $50 for each Gentei. So I paid $200-210 for the set (over 5 years )

Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 21st June 2012 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Universe or classics- universe is more accurate but a different mold.
    They're pretty much the same mold, hey.

And no CHUG Seeker army is complete without
    Universe Acid Storm or
    CHMS Sunstorm
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

still missing sunstorm

Generations Deluxe Dirge can be had for $18 + shipping from Figures Direct (in WA) at the moment.
    I've been toying with the idea of selling my Classics Starscream (first, grey version) so if you're keen make me an offer

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

There are some differences in the Botcon seekers like Thrust.

His wings were unique to the Botcon set.

I have Botcon and Generations versions of them all, and I like them all for different reasons.

For Thundercracker though, I do prefer the Generations one. The chrome cockpit REALLY shines, and I love the tiny Decepticon symbol above that.

I like the overall colour better on the Botcon version. They all have a happy place in my collection.

Edited post now that the one I was replying to was edited - it wasn't meant to humiliate anyone... it just needs to be known that you should refrain from editing people's quotes, unless you are doing something in jest (to someone you know will be okay with it), or are removing something prohibited.
    Editing someone's quoted text is disrespectful, as it would be like editing their actual post to change what they were on the record as saying.

The recommended course of action would be to quote a person, and then in your own words, "correct them" if it needs correcting, or they ask for it.

As for the Gentei/Henkei issue, the most accepted listings like tfwiki, tfw2005, tfu.info and Soundwave's Oblivion all have Gentei as "limited edition Henkei". So it isn't wrong to be grouping them together as "Henkei" if they never released "regular versions" of any of them.

The packaging style is the same, and as I should have pointed out in my original posting, where it has the Toy-Number on the packaging, it is surrounded by 2xHenkei on both regular toys, and the Gentei/Limited toys.

It's like people referring to Generations/Universe/Classics as Classics or Classicverse, everyone else knows what is being referred to, because it is convenient. A fan-designated term that is widely accepted, isn't wrong just because Hasbro or TT haven't officially used it.

If someone uses a term that isn't fan-designated/accepted, or isn't from an official source, then feel free to enlighten them/us.
    Last edited by griffin; 22nd June 2012 at 12:22 PM.