View Poll Results: Brainstorm. Worth buying?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • You better believe it!

18 66.67%
  • Probably, if the circumstances are right.

5 18.52%
  • Can take it or leave it.

1 3.70%
  • A big fat nope.

0 0%
  • Not even interested.

3 11.11%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Toy Review: Generations Brainstorm

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Am I the only one to display Brainstorm with a green marble in his chest cockpit?

Nice. It'd also be cool to find a brief case that's in scale w/ Brainstorm (and that he could hold).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It'd also be cool to find a brief case that's in scale w/ Brainstorm (and that he could hold).
    http://www.shapeways.com/product/6S2...ger-brainstorm

?

...okay, maybe not for that price. A neat accessory for those who are willing to spend that much on it.

I picked up Legends Brainstorm recently. I have to say this is one of the examples where a few extra paint apps on the Takara Tomy release make a big difference to how the product looks overall. I look at the Hasbro version and it looks just a little bit too plain, whereas the version I have is incredible.

I don't mind the simple transformation or slightly larger size. A complex Transformer is far from being the same thing as a good one, after all, and a bit of variation in height keeps the shelves from looking too homogeneous.

Brainstorm is one of those Transformers who managers to pull off looking more like a model than a toy - my wife's reaction was that he was halfway between a Gundam and a Transformer. That's reflected in the simple transformation scheme, which nevertheless produces a convincing alt mode.

The headmaster gimmick is take it or leave it. I can't see myself ever displaying Brainstorm without his head or in vehicle mode, but nonetheless it's a fun play feature which is nice to have and which the toy would have seemed half-hearted without.

I prefer to configure the guns in the over the shoulder position. That leaves his hands free to come up with interesting weaponry on the fly, I guess. I also prefer to fold back the shoulder wings for a more streamlined robot mode - it just seems to look so much better like that.

I would recommend Brainstorm as a worthy addition to anyone's collection, particularly a fan of MTMTE.