View Poll Results: UN-20 Rumble/Frenzy - worth buying?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 84.62%
  • Only if cheap

2 15.38%
  • Only if (something else)

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not interested

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toy Review - UN-20 Rumble & Frenzy

I think I'd like them more if they weren't so small, or I had smaller kids' hands... That and the over-sensitive spring-loaded Pile-drivers when in tank mode.
    I love the look of these in robot mode, so much that I couldn't wait for Hasbro to release them.

I think these guys present well in robot mode. The head mold are excellent. But they're crap transformers with a crap alt mode. The United release is very overpriced, so if you're patient and hopeful, hold out for Hasbro.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    I think these guys present well in robot mode. The head mold are excellent. But they're crap transformers with a crap alt mode. The United release is very overpriced, so if you're patient and hopeful, hold out for Hasbro.
    +1 Couldn't agree with you more - I bought the United ones at normal price (from RK) and still feel that I paid too much.

I paid a fair bit for their size, but don't feel I paid too much, because these are two 'necessary' toys in a Classic-verse collection/display (in robot mode). These are (the only?) two first year characters that haven't had a proper homage toy before that worked or was a believable scale (the Alternator Rumble was too big and awkward).
    Hasbro would be stupid not to release both (eventually).
    They're not perfect toys, but I feel they are like a piece of a missing puzzle...

I just got the TAV versions as I missed out on the original ones.

I really like these little guys. I got the TFSS Rewind and Eject last year who share the same mould but I like these guys more. The paint jobs are great, good face sculpts, they have really great poseability for little figures and between the jackhammers and the multiple ways you can have the guns positioned means a lot of variety for the robot modes. I quite like the little tank modes too - well armed drone-like mini-tanks, seems a perfectly logical cybertronian alt-mode for them rather than cassettes and makes use of their guns really well.

Overall I'm very happy with them indeed

TAV Packaging

The four humanoid cassette warriors

Stupid Trev, tempting me to buy the new TAV versions of these guys. I too have the subscription versions from last year. pretty good little toys.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Stupid Trev, tempting me to buy the new TAV versions of these guys. I too have the subscription versions from last year. pretty good little toys.
    T'aint my fault you value my opinion so highly

Out of interest, how much did people pay for the originals? Seen a few people in this thread complain about the cost. I paid about 3400¥ for the TAV pair which I didn't think was too bad

I spent $40 USD plus postage for the originals, so pretty much on par.