View Poll Results: MP-12 Lambor/Sideswipe - worth buying?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

41 74.55%
  • Only if...

10 18.18%
  • No

2 3.64%
  • Not even interested

2 3.64%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - JP Masterpiece Lambor/Sideswipe

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Actually, traditionally TF pricing in Japan has typically been either better or on par with Australia's TF RRPs. It's only been in some more recent instances that we've seen JP RRPs well exceed AU RRPs in relative terms.

But then... who knows how much Hasbro would sell MP Sideswipe for in Australia. The cheapest RRP I recall seeing for a MP was Rodimus who initially sold at $80. If Hasbro brings the price down to $60-70 that's still not too far off TakaraTOMY's price. If they nearly halve the price to say approx. $45, that would be more impressive. But then again, I paid the pre-order price of $53 for mine, and it's the Amazon exclusive. My current impression is that the pricing seems reasonable for a Masterpiece. Again, whether it really is worth it or not is a judgement I'm still reserving for when I get to see this toy for myself (either when mine finally arrives or hopefully if I can see someone else's first ).
    In the time I've been living here, TFs have consistently been just slightly above what I remember from AUS RRP.

My MP12 cost me AUS $61 at the exchange rate at the time, which was about as much as I would have liked to pay for it. I could find it cheaper in a week or two if it hadn't been the release date, but I felt like treating myself.

Argh so frustrated, I've had this guy on pre-order from RK before the price jump, it shipped on release day (27/10) arrived to Australia on Tuesday (30/10) and it's just been sitting there as "ARRIVED AND PROCESSING" ever since!

The positives I have now found with this MP
    The smoothness of the joints, plastic quality seems to be far superior to regular releases and the transformation is excellent. At the end of the day I consider this to be superior to the third party items at the same price point. I have limited third party items in my collection so people who have a wider variety of these items please put your 2 cents in. At the end of the day the MP line has changed from what it was originally, For better or for worse is personal opinion. I would have liked them to stick to the original sizing and die-cast. At the least it is far superior to the regular releases, Is there enough of a difference to justify the the price point I'm not sure but I will be getting MP-14 as well

Hmm i dont feel like i got my 'equivalent exchange' (FMA reference) for this MP-12, cost me $110 all up including pile drivers, coin and postage. And when i saw the size and plastic tyres...it was a bit of a let down.

One of the things about the transformation process I was going to mention then forgot, is what I think of as "brain surgery mode" - odd name I know, but I don't know any other TFs that have a flip-top head. I figure it could be a good gimmick for an imaginary play scenario where Sideswipe gets captured and reprogrammed. Did anyone else whose received their Lambor so far think this odd? Are there any other TFs with a 2 part head mold?

Not quite the same, but the ROTF Dirge toy has a case of split conehead!

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    Argh so frustrated, I've had this guy on pre-order from RK before the price jump, it shipped on release day (27/10) arrived to Australia on Tuesday (30/10) and it's just been sitting there as "ARRIVED AND PROCESSING" ever since!
    Oh so its not just me. I have the same problem.

I got my MP12 today (was waiting at the post office). I haven't transformed him yet from car to robot, but first impressions were that I didn't like the fact he had plastic tyres (common complaint in this thread) and the fact that the roof/front pillars on my Lambor were a different red to the other parts of the car. Pretty disappointing for a MP

Recieved mine today by the post. First impressions are disappointing. The colors dont match up, I think mine probably should not of passed a quality test. The roof is painted , however it appears to be have been made almost maroon in color, perhaps mixed in with the black a little, or needed more paint ? the bonnet is painted a more vibrant red. Some of the paint on the doors is not a smooth finish, some lumpy paint, some red on the windows. Red paint splotch on the white arm. The red plastic is different again. All suptle differences but really ruins the lamborgini mode.

The toy itself dosen't have much weight to it, expecting it to be heavier.

Anyway the upside, the transformation is quite detailed, but really intuitive. I checked the instructions a couple of times and thats it. So this toy can be fun to play with. He displays nicely in robot mode, standing quite a bit taller than a deluxe, probably Voyager size. The car mode is about the same size as a deluxe, so he looks very tiny this way, however this size is accurate when put along side optimus prime.

I feel this release is overpriced. I had expectations of a consistent and quality paint job, but its failed. Mine might be worse than some, probably just from a bad batch. Because of this I just can't justify the retail price. It just dosen't feel all that special. It may very well be an update of the G1 toy, with a superior transformation, but I would of loved some diecast.

Just out of curiosity, those who are unimpressed with the price, are you including postage in that as well?

And I think RK may have done some extra scalping on the rpice. I bought mine through amazon Japan and a mail forwarder and I am looking at about $65 tops, that includes postage.

Having said that, he is sitting in my post box, unable to be retrieved until Monday.

Interesting that RK have the yen price listing for Red Alert, Normal Sides and Amazon sides as 5800 yen, but red alert comes to 58.90 U$, Sides 69.90 and A Sides as 79.90U$

So, thats less than an equal yen conversion for Red Alert, about right for Sides and a fair bit extra added for Pile drivers...