Page 74 of 195 FirstFirst ... 546469707172737475767778798494 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

I was just thinking while there is nothing majorly wrong with the CW/UW Sky Lynx mould he really could have been massively improved on if he was a larger size, maybe a Supreme.

Wrong allegiance boxes for Titans Return toys...

Tober mentioned this to me a few months back (Broadside being in a Decepticon box), but now that I've seen it for myself, it is more prolific than what he led me to believe.

Today at ToysRUs, I saw that the Astrotrain and Optimus Voyager toys were in the wrong allegiances boxes. The boxes are correct, with the right names and images... they just have the wrong allegiance on the top and side of the box... and at the moment it just seems to only be with the Voyager class (Optimus, Astrotrain and Broadside).
    Has anyone seen any others like this?

(Broadside photo by Tober)

Maybe the wrong allegiances are due to the boxes sharing a template with their redecos (Astrotrain/Sentinel, Optimus/Octone) and the person who was doing the boxes forgot to "copy and paste" the other allegiances on them. But if that is the reason, it would suggest that there is (or was) a redeco of Broadside for regular retail who was a Decepticon.
    We know about Tidalwave, but since it is in a box set, was it originally planned to be a regular release toy and it had packaging done up, or... is there another Decepticon redeco of Broadside to come. And if so, who could it be?

How do you manage to steal a Leader Class Starscream... complete with the plastic inner tray it is strapped to?

At Target Garden City today I found the crown for GEN CW Leader Starscream sitting on the shelf between some toys, and I thought it was odd that it was left behind, when it would normally be the accessories that are pinched.
    Looking around, I found at the back on the bottom shelf, the inner cardboard tray, but no plastic tray, no toy, and no box.
    Someone has managed to steal the toy, but left the crown behind... and the empty box and plastic tray must have been found by a staffmember and removed (leaving the cardboard tray behind because it was hidden at the back).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

Tober mentioned this to me a few months back (Broadside being in a Decepticon box), but now that I've seen it for myself, it is more prolific than what he led me to believe.

Today at ToysRUs, I saw that the Astrotrain and Optimus Voyager toys were in the wrong allegiances boxes. The boxes are correct, with the right names and images... they just have the wrong allegiance on the top and side of the box... and at the moment it just seems to only be with the Voyager class (Optimus, Astrotrain and Broadside).

Maybe the wrong allegiances are due to the boxes sharing a template with their redecos (Astrotrain/Sentinel, Optimus/Octone) and the person who was doing the boxes forgot to "copy and paste" the other allegiances on them. But if that is the reason, it would suggest that there is (or was) a redeco of Broadside for regular retail who was a Decepticon.
    We know about Tidalwave, but since it is in a box set, was it originally planned to be a regular release toy and it had packaging done up, or... is there another Decepticon redeco of Broadside to come. And if so, who could it be?
    Just wait for someone to think they are errors and put them on Ebay for millions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Ro...KWa&rmvSB=true

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Just wait for someone to think they are errors and put them on Ebay for millions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Ro...KWa&rmvSB=true
    <sneer>

What's amazing about that eBay listing is that there's now 342 people watching.

Happy Star Wars Transformers Day.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

From what I noticed of the TR stuff, all the voyagers from W 1+2 had autobot logos on the box, so I assumed it just just them giving the decepticions a go for the next few waves?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi194 View Post
    From what I noticed of the TR stuff, all the voyagers from W 1+2 had autobot logos on the box, so I assumed it just just them giving the decepticions a go for the next few waves?
    Yep, as Dimi said, they're just starting to mix it up now.
    Combiner Wars Leader Class Megatron, Starscream and Skywarp, Voyagers Onslaught, Motormaster, Çyclonus all have Autobot symbols on their boxes. Titans Return Galvatron & Soundwave? They're both Autobots too.

I think the box faction symbols are based on year of release. Everything last year had autobot symbols, everything Ive seen as 2017 wave has had deception symbols. Kinda just wish it represented the character, would be more appropriate