Page 75 of 195 FirstFirst ... 556570717273747576777879808595 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Just wait for someone to think they are errors and put them on Ebay for millions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Ro...KWa&rmvSB=true
    The best bit about it is that it says "experienced seller" underneath the BIN price
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Just wait for someone to think they are errors and put them on Ebay for millions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Ro...KWa&rmvSB=true
    "May not ship to Australia"

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    <sneer>

What's amazing about that eBay listing is that there's now 342 people watching.
    Make that 349 & counting.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    "May not ship to Australia"
    Well darn, I guess I'll have to find a different error Star Wars toy to spend my millions on when I win the lotto.

How did you all observe Star Wars TF day today? I took my AT-AT TF with me to work and in the evening had a game of SWM with my daughter (I lost ). But anyway, fiddling around with the AT-AT TF today made me again ponder about just how huge this Transformer would be, especially in robot mode. So... I made this to show how it would scale next to Optimus Prime and Darth Vader IRL.

I took a walk down to Toys R Us, looked at the cardboard 40th anniversary stand, went down the aisle, looked at the 2 figures they had on the pegs, did an ubercool heel turn and walked right back out.

I built a minifig of my partner in the Imperial Ground Crew uniform. Gave her a red lightsaber and the Darksaber. Named her Darth Mrs. Suspectimus. Then I set her up on the coffee table Force-choking rebels/resistance fighters, killing Plo Koon and beating young Obi-Wan to the edge of the table. This entertained me.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

All too often we walk into stores looking for new TF toys only to find nothing new on shelves. Do you guys think that it might be a good idea to post about our non-finds on our respective states' sightings threads just to save other people from wasting their time in looking at those stores? Cos physical store hunting can be a serious waste of time (and transportation cost) and I think that it might be beneficial if we gave each other heads ups about where to not bother looking.

I've done this a few times on the NSW Sightings thread but not sure if I should continue or not. Good idea or not?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    All too often we walk into stores looking for new TF toys only to find nothing new on shelves. Do you guys think that it might be a good idea to post about our non-finds on our respective states' sightings threads just to save other people from wasting their time in looking at those stores? Cos physical store hunting can be a serious waste of time (and transportation cost) and I think that it might be beneficial if we gave each other heads ups about where to not bother looking.

I've done this a few times on the NSW Sightings thread but not sure if I should continue or not. Good idea or not?
    People do mention when they don't find something new all the time. It's just more exciting to post up about something new, so there is less interest in logging in just to say that they didn't find anything.

But we won't be encouraging or requiring people to post up non-sightings either, as it is just something that people should want to do, rather than feel obligated to do (like regular sightings).
    (if we get too many non-sightings, it has bugged people in the past who are looking out for new items)

May the 8th is our unofficial Transformers day, being the anniversary of the first time the world was exposed to Transformers back in 1984 (the comic was out first before the cartoon and toys)... and I completely forgot.
    I remembered on Friday, and then today (9th)... completely forgetting it on the 8th... and now it is too late to post up something as "news" or on the facebook page.

Star Wars fans have May 4th as their annual celebration day (which is now embraced by official businesses for media and general publicity)... so it would be nice if Hasbro made May 8th an annual celebration day for Transformers.
    It's just a shame it is so close to the Star Wars day though, as it would divide the attention of Hasbro and the Media during that week.

Megatran Guest

Meh. Doesn't have the same jingle as 'May the 4th be with you' for Star Wars.