Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Swindle's Saleyard > Ebay listings & Dealer Ads > Business & Retailer Feedback

Sightings/Sales

Old 21st August 2013, 10:34 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

So, after the red cassette that shipped with one of my MP Soundwaves was missing a pin to hold his head on, I contacted Robot Kingdom to arrange a replacement. After photos/etc to show the fault, they agreed.

I requested that, as they require returns to be shipped via trackable/insured/etc that the the cost was $xx, they reimburse me or cut their losses on the faulty item they supplied.

They agreed, and after saying a replacement would go out in the next couple of days (which meant I didn't cut my losses with RK and order a replacement cheap off eBay while there was one), and then cut off all communication.

After no less than 5 emails, all rather polite, I hit up their Facebook page (being a public forum) and I finally get a response. They've changed their mind, and now require via letter, me to send the faulty part back. Fine, except for the cost, I might as well just hit up eBay.

I've now told them I'll be taking it to PayPal, and they've got 24 hours before I do so.

Absolutely rubbish customer service. I don't mind slow service. I loathe liars.

I'll happily update this thread with the resolution, and if it isn't resolved easily, you can see the complete BS that RK have tried to shaft me on.
Old 21st August 2013, 11:00 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordy View Post
While not a rant against RK postage (which I have not had an issue with) but I have noticed a lot of the current Generations range all come in bundles these days (Springer with Sandstorm and Blitzwing) not separate items. I'm interested in getting Trailcutter, but not with the other TFs RK has him bundled in with
So pick up the lot and pass the savings to other Ozformers.
Old 22nd August 2013, 12:29 AM
Rank 10 - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
So, after the red cassette that shipped with one of my MP Soundwaves was missing a pin to hold his head on, I contacted Robot Kingdom to arrange a replacement. After photos/etc to show the fault, they agreed.

I requested that, as they require returns to be shipped via trackable/insured/etc that the the cost was $xx, they reimburse me or cut their losses on the faulty item they supplied.

They agreed, and after saying a replacement would go out in the next couple of days (which meant I didn't cut my losses with RK and order a replacement cheap off eBay while there was one), and then cut off all communication.

After no less than 5 emails, all rather polite, I hit up their Facebook page (being a public forum) and I finally get a response. They've changed their mind, and now require via letter, me to send the faulty part back. Fine, except for the cost, I might as well just hit up eBay.

I've now told them I'll be taking it to PayPal, and they've got 24 hours before I do so.

Absolutely rubbish customer service. I don't mind slow service. I loathe liars.

I'll happily update this thread with the resolution, and if it isn't resolved easily, you can see the complete BS that RK have tried to shaft me on.
A similar problem was what led me to boycott them about 3 years ago (a faulty figure that I wanted to exchange), and I haven't bought from them since.
Since I don't have facebook, they just kept ignoring my emails (I was using 4 different ones of theirs).

They are a registered business that buys from Hasbro, or from a source that buys from Hasbro, so they have the ability to claim back credit from their source for faulty products so that they aren't out of pocket. And any extra shipping that they are liable to cover is just part of the risk of running that sort of business and should be factored into the profit margin. They just don't want the extra hassle of dealing with customers after they've made a sale... but don't realise that looking after your customers after a sale is how you keep your customers coming back.
(like BBTS do)

It's interesting to see that over 10% of people voting here recommend using them due to issues... while another 10% have had minor problems that may or may not have been fixed up. That's like 1 in 4 people not having a satisfactory transaction with RK.
And they were such a great business when they started up.

Ozformers on Twitter (join for Australian Transformers News, First Toy Sightings, and Store Sales alerts)
Ozformers on Facebook
My BotCon archive
Insurance & Security tips for your collection

My collection - - Toys I want - - Recent arrivals - - Random stuff from me
Old 22nd August 2013, 12:40 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
A similar problem was what led me to boycott them about 3 years ago (a faulty figure that I wanted to exchange), and I haven't bought from them since.
Since I don't have facebook, they just kept ignoring my emails (I was using 4 different ones of theirs).

They are a registered business that buys from Hasbro, or from a source that buys from Hasbro, so they have the ability to claim back credit from their source for faulty products so that they aren't out of pocket. And any extra shipping that they are liable to cover is just part of the risk of running that sort of business and should be factored into the profit margin. They just don't want the extra hassle of dealing with customers after they've made a sale... but don't realise that looking after your customers after a sale is how you keep your customers coming back.
(like BBTS do)

It's interesting to see that over 10% of people voting here recommend using them due to issues... while another 10% have had minor problems that may or may not have been fixed up. That's like 1 in 4 people not having a satisfactory transaction with RK.
And they were such a great business when they started up.
I'll happily give them the chance to rectify the situation. Failing that, I will do everything I can to get a full refund on my defective merchandise without spending a single dime to do so. If they want it returned, they can damn well pay for it, via the methods they request, and get bent over the counter at Australia Post with the rates they charge.

I've never had an issue with BBTS, and although their prices are higher, it's something I'm more than willing to deal with for prompt response and great customer service without having to resort to a public shaming.

Which will continue if this isn't resolved.
Old 2nd September 2013, 05:11 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Issue resolved. They sent out a replacement Frenzy or Rumble (red), and as an apology, packed in a set of 4 gum/candy toys.

A lovely thought, but I'd never buy gum toys, and certainly not after my experience with them - starscream shattered into pieces when assembling, prime's peg busted on assembly, prowl had issues (caused by my misassembly), and tigertrack ended up in the bin in pieces after dealing with the other three.

A nice thought, but eh.

Also: too many hoops to jump through for me to consider RK for a while.
Old 12th September 2013, 10:55 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Received an email stating that MC02 Red Alert wasnt able to be found at their warehouse. Received a refund for item and shipping difference in a day.

LOOKING FOR MiSB
AOE VOYAGER NEMESiS PRiME.
Old 2nd October 2013, 12:51 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

My email........

"Hi
Just wondering when my Order **** will be shipped?
Thanks
Me"

Their reply after 2 weeks......

"Hello,
Thank you for your email.
Your order is oversized.
Our staff should have emailed you the details.

Yours Sincerely,
Daniel
www.robotkingdom.com"

And I'm still waiting for the 'details'. This place really irritates me.
Old 16th October 2013, 01:35 PM
Megatran

RK is launching its new website in the next day or two, according to its Facebook page. Its current website is unvailable during this period. Would like to hear your feedback on the new website once it comes online.
Old 31st October 2013, 09:37 PM
Rank 1 - New/Inactive

got them like this and missing 1 launcher + 1 streak coin

Old 1st November 2013, 01:13 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
got them like this and missing 1 launcher + 1 streak coin
Man your not having any luck hey....any news on the head for MP alert yet?