Page 39 of 76 FirstFirst ... 192934353637383940414243444959 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

The sad part is, from reading a lot of forums and talking to people about it last weekend, it seems Castle Grayskull may not have the "super-awesome" appeal that Scott and Co would have anticipated. Unfortunately, I feel Matty has already shot themselves in the foot with constant QC issues, and a lot of people seems unwilling to part with $200 (plus God knows how much in shipping ) for an unseen design that may, or may not, be aesthetically desirable much less may, or may not, have design or QC flaws.

Personally, I'm willing to take a chance, but I can certainly see why most people I've discussed this with will not. I wonder if it will get made at all tbh. Scott seems to have indicated that they need to sell as many pre-orders as 2013 Subs. I remember there was one person on the Org who bought a Sub for himself for every one Sub someone else bought (capped at 30). Is this guy gonna buy 30 CG's at over $200 a pop? Plus, a lot of Subbers have already indicated they may not even buy one. Even Poe Ghostal (toy reviewer and MOTUC collector) is second-guessing himself. It may just be too much for people to afford - and the ongoing service and design problems just add to people's hesitance.

Octavia was high up on the list for me but I do want a Scorpia more. I will buy Octavia and hope Kevin makes a cool custom head for her, she is still a cool looking figure as long as Ruben or whoever Scott decides to blame does not screw it up.

Considering I'm in for a Sub next year, I think me getting Grayskull is a foregone conclusion. Loved Snakeface as a kid and more She-Ra characters are awesome, Even if it's not Scorpia.

And all right, Frosta has reversed arms, but at least it's not going to be as labour intensive as Stinkor was, but GODAMMIT

EVERYTIME a new arm part is introduced to the shared parts list it gets F****d up at the factory. I'm baffled to see that management has not realised this yet.

Just be careful to check that we don't get Frostas with two right arms or two left arms as you can't really fix that.

Looking over the 'Power-Con reveals' pictures again (as well as new, close up pics) I do have to admit they look pretty awesome. I'm probably not going to buy either Octavia or Predator Karatti, but I do think they look great!

Snake Face just looks so fantastic to me! I'm really excited to pick him up... as a Snake Men fan, I'm elated. I just hope they get around to S-s-squeeze and Tung Lashor before the line ends. Actually, looking at all the pics, the only 2 figures I'm interested in are Snake Face and Ram Man, but the others do look very good. I'm happy for those who want them!

Oh god... I think I really need to own that Snake Face!

Firstly, I'd like to express my appreciation of this thread over the past couple of months; Whilst it has been horribly painful for many of you who've had to contribute to it, it has been rather entertaining for me to read (As an outsider of sorts) and it is for this reason why I'm really torn with Snake Face.

Much like FunPub I don't want to support MattyCollector directly whatsoever , but man... Snake Face's original 80s toy is an image burned into my memory equal to Skeletor, Hordak & He-Man so to own a modern interpretation would be just so friggin' awesome!

It just sucks so much saurian-sized reproductive organs that MattyCollector, The Bulls#$%-Guru & whoever this Artard is that has stolen Kup's name, can produce such sweet MOTU figures but are plagued with as much corruptness, deplorable quality insurance & poor customer service as that of Funpub - I simply just don't want to deal with any of that garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Firstly, I'd like to express my appreciation of this thread over the past couple of months; Whilst it has been horribly painful for many of you who've had to contribute to it, it has been rather entertaining for me to read (As an outsider of sorts) and it is for this reason why I'm really torn with Snake Face.
    Glad you had fun.

Honestly, if you can, buy Snake Face!! I gotta be fair, we need a Mattel Bitching thread on this forum instead . But it's hard to complain about MOTUC and Matty (and Scott) unless you've been burned by them in some way. The figures themselves (usually) are great! It's the handling of the line that sux, but if you haven't experienced any of the cr@p then don't let us put you off. Apparently lots of people have no issues whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Apparently lots of people at He-Man.org say that they have no issues whatsoever.
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    fixed
    I stand corrected

@Kup & Robzy: Thanks for your advice guys, I'm still really determined to get my hands on that Snake Face figure one way or another & Kal_El has offered to checkout a possible avenue for me - I think I'll be happy with my collection of MOTU effigies once I can add him & Classics Hordak to it, maybe a Greyskull Man too but he's less of a priority.