Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Universe Special editions (OP, Megs, Drag Strip & Overkill)

I am in frickin' love with the packaging. Saves me from having to try and get a Drag Strip customised too.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    Yeah but is he wanted among the fandom?

By the way, that's not mine
    God yes. He's the only Classics toy I'd gladly own. And they do it right (like this, at least in terms of colours):

...then I'd even consider Drag Strip.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    God yes. He's the only Classics toy I'd gladly own. And they do it right (like this, at least in terms of colours)

...then I'd even consider Drag Strip.
    You're not a Classics Fan? *shakes head*

I love that Dragstrip orange colour. So much memories of my childhood (T_T).

The OP and Megatron mold.... have they been released in Japan before?

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    The OP and Megatron mold.... have they been released in Japan before?
    Nope, nope. That's what I was originally thinking but looking at the markings on the box it looks very much like an American release which is strange given the quality of the packaging which isn't something we normally associated with Hasbro.

The other option I'm speculating is its a HK convention exclusive in which case it'd be pretty expensive.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Nope, nope. That's what I was originally thinking but looking at the markings on the box it looks very much like an American release which is strange given the quality of the packaging which isn't something we normally associated with Hasbro.

The other option I'm speculating is its a HK convention exclusive in which case it'd be pretty expensive.
    Maybe they're the new generation Robotmasters?

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    I love that Megatron mould, aside from the stupid non-weapon hand thing.
    +1 - it's great!

I don't mind the Optimus mould either - in robot mode tho!

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post

Well, it's a bit obvious this is a Hasbro product given it's entirely in english, the back of the box doesn't shotgun you in the face with masses of japanese text and messy layouts and it's under the Universe line

I don't think it's a HK thing, because the artwork looks to be by one of the IDW artists employed by Hasbro.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

People, remember that these were first revealed by our own Hasbro AUS, back at the beginning of August:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=1857

...more of the series one Classics will be recoloured and released, featuring more Gen1 characters.
    Possible figures may include:
    - 'Premium' Optimus (maybe more Gen1 accurate colours)
    - 'Premium' Megatron (g1 grey colours)
    - Dragstrip (maybe recolour of either Hotrod or Mirage)
    - Overkill (could be recolour of Grimlock)
    - 'Premium' Cliffjumper (maybe new head or details)
    - 'Red' Mirage (not sure what character it would be)
    - Nemesis Prime
    So the photos confirm this new series, and we at least know of another 3 planned if the first four are successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    BotCon Overkill was a good concept, and can they really go wrong with a yellow repaint of Mirage. I had a spare Mirage to turn into Crasher, but Hasbro did that... so I was going to get it repainted as Drag Strip. Now I just have a spare Mirage.

Erm if you ever need to offload that spare mirage Paulbot . My cousin is just starting his TF collection and Im supporting him by giving him figures (already gave him my spare Classics Screamer and Ramjet) and going with him in buying some universe toys which are of G1 homage ( which he prefers).

Will these figs be available here then? Interested in Dragstrip, but there isnt any pics of the fig itself.. anyone find one? the pic of dragstrip a few replies back is a custom (AFAIK) by a kitbasher.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]