Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Henkei and Universe Cyclonus comparison

Oh I assume it too, but there hasn't been any official word has there?
    Maybe they are going to keep going with it. Hasbro seems fine with having 2 lines, I don't think Takara would be against it.
    And since they don't have Animated....
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

I wonder why so few people try the Japanese Headmasters Targetmaster link up that this mold is capable of. Hasbro and Don Figueroa designed this into the toy as part of his concept.

If you leave his hand fliped into his forearm like they would be in vehicle mode, you can plug Nightstick into his wrist.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Nightstick_%2...rse_.282008.29

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Oh I assume it too, but there hasn't been any official word has there?
    Maybe they are going to keep going with it. Hasbro seems fine with having 2 lines, I don't think Takara would be against it.
    And since they don't have Animated....
    TFs do better for Hasbro than TakaraTomy though, so Hasbro can probably have two major lines going at the same time.

Besides, the ideas and concept designs for Universe (and thus Henkei) come from Hasbro's side of the ocean. Hasbro claimed that they weren't sure if Universe was going to come back after 2009, if that's true, then there would be no new tools Takara can use to continue the line.

I expect Takara to similarly devote their TF marketing and promotion to Revenge of the Fallen. As I recall, the 2007 movie line contributed to doubling their profits for that quarter.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

FFN's pretty much spot on too. I just don't think Takara has the same resources to devote to its own line w/out Hasbro having some investment. Hasbro could possibly still be working behind the scenes as they work 12-18 months ahead so they could already be into post ROTF designs so there is a slim possibility they might give Takara first use but to me, with the shake up in the Japanese and world economy, Takara is unlike to pursue Henkei and stick with the tried and tested.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post

Awww, Robzy! I hate you!

Also 40 this time, STL?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Also 40 this time, STL?

I've been toying with the number ever since. At one point, I think 3 of Universe (thugs) and one Henkei (as leader) would make the perfect Armada. But then I thought I should have the reverse available too for 3 Henkei (thugs) and 1 Universe (leader). Then there's the matter of the Targetmasters and I'm thinking if thugs really should be having a Targetmaster like the leader so I figured I might have to buy some of those guns fro the Mars Attack packs so it looks better.

I know, I'm so weak.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post

I've been toying with the number ever since. At one point, I think 3 of Universe (thugs) and one Henkei (as leader) would make the perfect Armada. But then I thought I should have the reverse available too for 3 Henkei (thugs) and 1 Universe (leader). Then there's the matter of the Targetmasters and I'm thinking if thugs really should be having a Targetmaster like the leader so I figured I might have to buy some of those guns fro the Mars Attack packs so it looks better.

I know, I'm so weak.
    Have the henkei as the leader. The Hasbro one looks a little generic compared to the Henkei one. Due to it being darked. Plus the Henkei one comes with a Chromed Targetmaster, and the Leader should have the best looking gun
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Have the henkei as the leader. The Hasbro one looks a little generic compared to the Henkei one. Due to it being darked. Plus the Henkei one comes with a Chromed Targetmaster, and the Leader should have the best looking gun
    I have to agree from that perspective. The Hasbro one may arguably be more appealing but the Henkei one stands out in a 'royal' manner due to the violet and chrome. Plus given the present exchange rate, it would cost a fortune to have an Armada composed of Henkei.

I'll stick to the hasbro release.

I think the Hasbro version looks better. The Henkei version is more show-like... but I've never cared for show-likeness - the Universe version looks more G1 toy-accurate which looks much nicer to me.

wow they are really different to each other and both have there merits this is going to be a hard one on which one to get..... might have to be both