Thread: Australian Open

Default Australian Open

Okay, we're a bit late into the tournament but this has been the first time in many years I've been interested. The match tonight was a stellar one of giant toppling proportions. I had no regrets tonight despite my initial hesitance and reluctance to watch it.

Never liked Federer much but I have to admit I admire his sportsmanship. As shattered as he was to lose in straight sets, I marvelled at how he handled the loss. I mean, I was rooting for Djokovic but he dismantled Federer. I expected at least 5 sets if anyone was going to beat Federer.

Pity tickets to the final won't be as easy to get... Would've had an excuse to get out of this Sunday's family duties

And hopefully the Frenchmen don't win!

it will be a good game

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

any "online" bets???

This is the first year I really got into it. I don't think Djokovic simantled Federer... Federer hit so many balls into the net in those first few sets. But yeah, I think he's an incredible sportsman: intelligent, athletic and humble.

On the other hand, I do think Nadal got dismantled by the freshman. And I do hope the French freshman wins... what a great upset that would be!

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    any "online" bets???
    I got one junker on the Frenchman. Any takers?

Great contest. I watched the last 3 sets in their entirety and saw the 1st set in spurts between chores.

I like both players a lot. Hopefully both go onto big things. The other thing is I feel a renewed interest the sport after this. Might even stay up late watching other grandslams this year too.