Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Originals.. The pre-TF acquisition and collection thread.

Default Originals.. The pre-TF acquisition and collection thread.

I thought if they don't count as TF's they should at least get their own thread.

If you have pics of your pre-TF's or have acquired a new pre-TF , post it here

........ picked up Calibur the other day.

Calibur and friends

side veiw

the rest of the small collection
    I would love to see more
    Last edited by Slag; 13th December 2012 at 07:38 PM.

Very cool - you have an amazing collection Geigerrock (not just these, I'm a fan of your Transformers and rocks and robots from other toylines too.) The 1/55 Bonaparte Tulcas is one of my absolute grails. Off the top of my head, I think the only Pre-Transformer I have is a Beet Gugal. I also have some reissued Pre-TFs like Overcharge, and a few 1/55 Valkyries.

(Overcharge, Beet Gugal and a VF-1S Super Valkyrie are in there somewhere.)

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    Whats small yet one of my most favorite things???..............
    you guessed it, my pre tf collection.
    I thought if they don't count as TF's they should at least get their own thread.

If you have pics of your pre-TF's or have acquired a new pre-TF , post it here

........ picked up Calibur the other day.

Calibur and friends

side veiw

the rest of the small collection
    I would love to see more
    Love this stuff, very impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Very cool - you have an amazing collection Geigerrock (not just these, I'm a fan of your Transformers and rocks and robots from other toylines too.) The 1/55 Bonaparte Tulcas is one of my absolute grails. Off the top of my head, I think the only Pre-Transformer I have is a Beet Gugal. I also have some reissued Pre-TFs like Overcharge, and a few 1/55 Valkyries.

(Overcharge, Beet Gugal and a VF-1S Super Valkyrie are in there somewhere.)
    I see them you also have a re-issue Calibur if i'm not mistaken.
    I need to find a Super Valkyrie myself one day

Bonaparte Tulcas (even though it's not really pre-tf at least not that i know of) was from Italy. Some guy was selling the 3 separately. While the Calibur and Gazzette were going sky-high i was the only bidder on Tulcas.. He has some sun damage but i've never been able to find another in 1/55 scale

Actually there are quite a few little figs in that picture i need.

Quote Originally Posted by theshape View Post
    Love this stuff, very impressive
    cheers. Always keen to see more.

Picked this guy up today. Wait till he gets hold of my Slag impostor. (he's gonna dissect him)

I really liked the look of silver Swoop.. thought it was worth a pic. (blue Sludge and silver Snarl too??) I wonder if they were ever released like this.

Nice pickup! That's a really minty example of pre-tf Grimlock.

There is some seriously sweet kit in this thread.

The vacuum metalised preTF dinobots are very interesting, almost a precursor to the G2 whole colour dinobots.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    I see them you also have a re-issue Calibur if i'm not mistaken.
    Is there a site where info is available on reissue pre-tf's. I recently got one of the Beets, and usually if something looks to good to be true, it is. This thing was casefresh. I know they didn't come with a tape seal so it gave me an opportunity to open it up to check everything and all seemed legit to me, but I have limited knowledge on the Takatoku lines.

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    Nice pickup! That's a really minty example of pre-tf Grimlock.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    There is some seriously sweet kit in this thread.

The vacuum metalised preTF dinobots are very interesting, almost a precursor to the G2 whole colour dinobots.
    Cheers guys. The figure is quite good, the box has some wear. I knew it did, but the guy who sent it basicly just wrapped it in bubble wrap, taped it up and sent it on it's way. I can't help but feel it may have been in a little better condition if he'd gone with a more traditional "put your 30 year old stuff in a box before send it" method.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Is there a site where info is available on reissue pre-tf's. I recently got one of the Beets, and usually if something looks to good to be true, it is. This thing was casefresh. I know they didn't come with a tape seal so it gave me an opportunity to open it up to check everything and all seemed legit to me, but I have limited knowledge on the Takatoku lines.
    Not sure. I don't think they were re-issued. From what i've been told (and if i remember correctly) Takatoku went bust and Bandai bought the moulds, which seems to be right with roadbuster/whirl/jetfire. The early ones (same shape, different colour) being stamped Takatoku in japanese and the same TF moulds being stamped bandai. Not sure what the deluxe insecticons are stamped but i would say it's the same.
    Maybe they had boxes left over when they went out of business and Bandai didn't put them out?? just a thought. I do see quite a few nice ones (usually beet-gugal and a very occasional beet-gadol) going around (just going off pictures on the net). I'm sure someone has the actual answer

Didn't even know this thread was here... heh working today gives plenty of time to delve into various message boards.

Nice collection so far G-Rock, personally I really like the pre tfs that are different colours to the TFs that we ended up getting as part of the G1 line.

I have a couple of loose ones around but I can't justify the prices really. In 5 or so years when there are absolutly no buyers the scalers will realise they have just driven the prices too high and sell at bargain prices, we have started to see that with pre tf hound/jazz etc already really - Or maybe they will just sit on their stock forever!