Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Fair Australia 2013 dates & info

Default Toy Fair Australia 2013 dates & info

The annual Australian Toy, Hobby and Nursery Fair returns to the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Center in 2013, from Sunday 3rd of March to Wednesday 6th.

The dates are odd, and were unusual this year as well.
    I've been attending them since 2008, and before 2012 they were Thursday to Sunday. Then this year it changed to Tuesday to Friday, which I assumed was to accommodate big business Reps... but this year has the first day on a Sunday (the first day is when the big store chains visit and fill out their orders).

The interesting bit of news is that Mattel will be returning to ToyFair for the first time in several years. (in the five years I've been going, they were never there)
    I'll have to see if I can try to sneak into that exhibit.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The annual Australian Toy, Hobby and Nursery Fair returns to the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Center in 2013, from Sunday 3rd of March to Wednesday 6th.

The dates are odd, and were unusual this year as well.
    I've been attending them since 2008, and before 2012 they were Thursday to Sunday. Then this year it changed to Tuesday to Friday, which I assumed was to accommodate big business Reps... but this year has the first day on a Sunday (the first day is when the big store chains visit and fill out their orders).

The interesting bit of news is that Mattel will be returning to ToyFair for the first time in several years. (in the five years I've been going, they were never there)
    I'll have to see if I can try to sneak into that exhibit.
    i'd love to join you at the fair if possible
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Ooh! - Finally we might get some answers as to why Playmates Toys has whacked a blanket embargo on everything TMNT2012 for Australia, I want me the brothers green for shell's sake!...

But seriously, I'd really like to know WTF is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Ooh! - Finally we might get some answers as to why Playmates Toys has whacked a blanket embargo on everything TMNT2012 for Australia, I want me the brothers green for shell's sake!...

But....I got all my TMNT 2012 stuff directly from amazon.com?

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post

Yeah! LET ME HAVE MY OOZE ALREADY!!!!! I want that so badly.

I'll be there on the Sunday (in the afternoon), if anyone else is going and would like to catch up?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    But....I got all my TMNT 2012 stuff directly from amazon.com?
    Me too (well not all of the 2012 TMNT range but the bigger figures).

However I have found it strange that the figures and Lego sets have not been released here yet considering the first half of the show has been on heavy repeat cycle on Nickelodeon since November. Not sure if any free-to-air channels will end up airing it, but seems a waste to lose the Xmas period for sales.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Apparently the prices will be quite high, but we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by Mechbiter View Post
    I'll be there on the Sunday (in the afternoon), if anyone else is going and would like to catch up?
    If I end up going, we might run into each other.

I'm aiming to go down on the Saturday, to give me time to meet up with people who don't get a chance on weekdays (the problem with previous years), and head back on the Tuesday... which should give me plenty of time at the Fair, meet up with people who work in the CBD, and do some exploring of Melbourne, for Dispensor's travel album.

Hope it is a lot cooler by then.

So will this feature the new toys coming out this year or is all stuff we've already seen?
    I might go if it's cheap or free.
    EDIT: Damn. No visitors.