View Poll Results: Which Optimus Prime Should I Get Signed?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vintage G1 MIB

18 62.07%
  • 20th Anniversary MP

6 20.69%
  • 25th Anniversary TFU Re-Issue

2 6.90%
  • You're nuts! Don't get any of those signed.

3 10.34%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Optimus Prime Memorabilia would you get signed?

I'd get the 20th Anniversary Prime signed. I couldn't do it to my original but I think that an autograph across the matrix at the bottom of the box would look cool!

Also take an Eeyore to get a signature on.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I was thinking WTF when I heard that, but there are some strange toy collectors out there. I always thought signatures increased the items value till I saw that episode.
    Probably look on ebay. A signature can't be verified without a certificate of authenticity (not sure how much that costs), so people are weary of claims that a toy has been signed by a certain person, because it could be a fake scribble by the seller trying to make money.

So without significant proof of it being the person being claimed, it is pretty much like a toy that a kid has written their name on to say it is their property.
    And even WITH proof, probably only Optimus and Megatron would be the only toys that could even hold their value or increase it with a Cullen or Welker signature. Anyone else and it would be more sentimental value than resale value in the item. Even to people who are dedicated collectors of a particular character, because it would be their aim to get something signed themselves, so that they have met the voice actor (if they are still alive).

I just did a search for "signed" and "autographed" on ebay, and filtered for "sold listings" and most autographed toys were actually KO "reissues" (by the one person), and between those and real toys, I think I only saw two that sold for more than an equivalent toy that wasn't autographed.
    Examples...
    - Optimus Trailer signed by Peter Cullen (plus other parts and booklets) - US$40 (less than the value of the toys on their own)
    - Optimus "reissue" KO signed by Peter Cullen - $80-110 (other "reissues" sell for between $80-120)
    - MP-01 JP Optimus/Convoy signed by Peter Cullen - under $180 as an offer was submitted (loose MP-01 toys go for up to US$150, and sealed ones are around $300-350)
    - Dinobot "reissues" (KO Grimlock/Greg Berger and Swoop/Michael Bell) - $60 (other "reissues sell for about that, and more to those who don't know about the fakes)
    - original MP Grimlock signed by Gregg Berger - US$222 (some are selling for more than that)
    - FunPub carded 2013 Depth Charge signed by David Sobolov (not that you can tell from the scribble) - US$1 (yes, $1), US$20, US$36, US$50 (the carded figure was $39 from the Club store, so three people lost money)

The odd one out is a Generations 2014 Armada Starscream, signed by Michael Dobson, sold for US$150. That's the only one I could find on ebay that actually sold for a lot more than if it was not autographed.

Get something autographed because you will treasure it, not because you want to sell it or want to protect its value in case you do sell it later.
    Autographs are a personal thing, so make sure the item and the moment is something special for you to remember forever.

I will be getting my Don Fig Optimus Prime/Primals poster signed... It already has Garry Chalk signature. I will just need Neil Kaplens signture.

I am having trouble deciding which Optimus Figure to get signed as well...

Hasbro MP-10 Optimus
    Commemorative Optimus
    25th Anniversary Optimus

Just remember to get a picture with him and the figure signed so that your proof.... better than a certificate of authenticity i reckon ....
    Also it a moment you can remember and treasure ....the time when you wait hours in a line..

If you don't plan on selling the MIB vintage, go with that. If you do, I'd go with the Masterpiece. He already has a cool box, which would be great topped with a signature. The 25th Anniversary reissue is less special to me, mainly because of the colour difference. The MIB would be very special.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Of the three, I voted for the 20th Anniversary MP - most interesting box.

Would you consider getting a DVD or a Blu-ray signed?

I'm personally considering getting a G1 DVD jacket signed.

Megatran Guest

On the G1 cartoon dvd re-mastered, there's an appearance by Peter Cullen in one of the extras segment. The opening applause by the people in the room was uplifting & uneffingbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    On the G1 cartoon dvd re-mastered, there's an appearance by Peter Cullen in one of the extras segment. The opening applause by the people in the room was uplifting & uneffingbelievable.
    Could you please confirm for me that the re-mastered DVD is free of those annoying added sound effects from the original DVDs taken from Kid Rhino?