Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Seekers survey

These questions just represent what I want to know, which is basically:
    * How many people own which MP Seeker
    * Where relevant, which mould version of that Seeker they own
    * How many people might be interested in other potential future Seeker characters not yet done (i.e. 2nd year jets, other obscure Seekers, G2 recolours)

I didn't bother having separate poll options for each different variant of each mould version, e.g. each different version of MP3 Starscream (MP3, Hasbro, USA Edition), because I'm only interested to know which version of the mould people own. I own both MP3 and Hasbro MP Starscream, so for Question 1, I answered "At least one version of the original MP3 mould." The truth is that I own two versions, but the question does state "at least one..." -- you don't need to stipulate how many versions of that mould you own. But if people want to see a more specific poll that separates those variants, then hey, by all means go and make your own more comprehensive survey.

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you are. But see now here's my dilemma (apologies for hijacking the thread, Gok)
    Nah, by all means please do. Your discussion is pretty much in line with the intended spirit of this survey and thread. The reason why I'm polling mould versions is because I'm curious to see how many people are fussed about any 'mould uniformity' among their Seekers, or if they're happy just to mix it all up.

My Seekers have a 'mould uniformity' -- my Starscream(s), Skywarp and Thundercracker are all the original Seeker mould, whereas my Sunstorm and Acid Storm are based on the new Seeker mould. I skipped MP11 when it came out because despite the apparent improvements to the mould, I just couldn't justify purchasing a third Masterpiece Starscream. But Sunstorm and Acid Storm have given me the opportunity to own at least two versions of the new Seeker mould.

Important Disclaimer: I am by no means attempting to impose the idea of "mould uniformity" on anyone else, and I do not mean to say that there's anything wrong with mixing the moulds up.

Also, keep in mind that there is more than one question. There are currently 50 people who have answered question 1, but 19 who've answered question 2! Perhaps there are a lot of people who are only interested in MP Starscream but none of the other Seekers, but if so, feel free to keep clicking the "None" or "Neither" options for the other questions. Thank you.

So why was Sunstorm Hasbro or Takara, not H, T or Both?

Voted .. turns out I own a few seekers , 9 out of 12 only missing tak mp06 hasbro sunstorm (because its dirt ugly) and the original mp03 takara release

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    So why was Sunstorm Hasbro or Takara, not H, T or Both?
    Fair point. I tried editing the poll, but it doesn't allow me to collapse/combine two poll options (and their collective results) into one, only to delete an option, which would also delete that option's results. So I'll just have to manually combine the data for that question.
    e.g. Currently 30% of respondents have reported owning the TakTOM version, 35% for the Hasbro version and 35% for neither; thus converting as:
    Yes = 65%
    No = 35%

I'm going with mould uniformity with the MP11 mould. Helps that I entered the Masterpiece scene after the new mould had already been established.

Sux that I had to buy the older mp11's at secondary market prices.

Hasbro Asia really worked my idiosyncrasies to their advantage.. knowing that I would pay that enormous price for the skywarp in MP11 mould.

I like having the original 3 Seekers in the original mould and the two "Rainmakers*" in the new MP11 mould. It makes it feel like the original 3 and the Rainmakers* are separate sub-factions of Decepticon jets. So this is a type of mould uniformity to me.

---------------------------------------------
    *Yeah, I know. Sunstorm's a Rainmaker in my universe.

MP-11 mould FTW! Not sure what I'm going to do with my Hasbro Skywarp when MP-11SW shows up.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

If you have a MP11-SW on order, and don't need two you should try and sell it. You could definitely make back whatever you paid for it, and may even be able to comp some of the cost of the MP11-SW.

Otherwise; just display Skywarp in both moulds (with the Hasbro skywarp in alt mode)

Voted!

I don't have mould uniformity for Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker but I kind of like it that way. I'd also love to see the cone heads as Masterpieces!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Now I am confused with the survey , I thought it looked like only starscream survey.

If this is the case I do have acid storm and sunstorm .

I am actually surprised Tt did not make All of the seeker in mp11 mode yet. Kind of very layback when the mould is there.