Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaw-dropping sale of TF5 toys at BigW.

Default Jaw-dropping sale of TF5 toys at BigW.

It's not a typo.
    It's not a misprint.

Last Knight Voyagers at Bigw are $5 each!!

Just like the cheap old stock of Titans Return toys middle of the year, BigW have a small amount of old TF5 toys to clear out just in time for Christmas.
    (The catalogue starts DEC 13th but stock may arrive at any time this week and these will be their prices until sold out.)

Legions - $3
    1-steps - $5
    Deluxe - $10
    Voyager - $5

That's almost 90% off for the Voyagers... it's crazy Christmas pricing that we'll probably never see again.

Cheap enough to give every kid you know a Transformers toy for Christmas... and maybe even a few of the easier ones for the charity toy drives at this time of year.

The toys were still shelfwarming as the TRUs closed down. Reject Shop, TK Maxx and Toyworlds have been selling TLK toys over the last few months and now this. So the TLK toyline was pretty much a bust overall.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Might grab a nitro zeus if he's flying around otherwise meh since like any eager person I went in too hard and got disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The toys were still shelfwarming as the TRUs closed down. Reject Shop, TK Maxx and Toyworlds have been selling TLK toys over the last few months and now this. So the TLK toyline was pretty much a bust overall.

Even more so when Studio Series came out, with many of the same characters that were still on shelf next to them.

It affected the sales of both toylines, but as the TF5 toys were already shelfwarming, customer attention (and retailers) went more to the new SS toys... probably leaving a lot of unsold stock at Hasbro.

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Might be nice to pick up a Voyager Scorn if I see one but incredibly low expectations on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by Other View Post
    Might be nice to pick up a Voyager Scorn if I see one but incredibly low expectations on that front.
    I've literally only ever seen one, ever, in the wild (which I immediately bought).

If anyone is after a cheap TLK Megs or Hound this may be of use to them. Wave 2 are only ones that I've seen at retail in the last year or that ever seem to get restocked. You can still find them in most stores.

To be fair, TLK Megs is more than worth the full price of admission at voyager RRP, so for $5 it's a no brainer. If I run into a $5 Hound I might not be able to pass it up.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I agree about Megatron, and Scorn and Nitro are also well worth $5.

I might try Optimus if I see him for that price, but I already know I don't like that Grimlock toy.

In the deluxes though? I don't recall liking any of those to recommend even for $10 - but I'd try to get Cogman and Hot Rod if I saw them.

Nothing at Doncaster yet.

nothing yet at Big W Macquarie

There must be masses of product if they're selling the voyagers for $5.

I have most of the line that I want already, I think I'll try to grab a few for a giving tree somewhere.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I agree about Megatron, and Scorn and Nitro are also well worth $5.

I might try Optimus if I see him for that price, but I already know I don't like that Grimlock toy.

In the deluxes though? I don't recall liking any of those to recommend even for $10 - but I'd try to get Cogman and Hot Rod if I saw them.
    Toyworld has them at $15, and I bought Slug (triceratops). He was worth that easily, though ymmv if you've got the AOE version.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.