Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345671222 ... LastLast

Thread: The Electronic Music Appreciation Thread

i cant stand drum n bass, i much rather aphex's selected ambient works
    ~

I used to be a D.J so unfortunately I'm still a bit worn with electronic music but I loved it when I first got into the biz. Maybe one day I'll get back into it but at the moment give me some hard rock or retro classics.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Crystal Castles are sick

North Melbourne-bot...?

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I used to be a D.J so unfortunately I'm still a bit worn with electronic music but I loved it when I first got into the biz. Maybe one day I'll get back into it but at the moment give me some hard rock or retro classics.
    I'm with you man. The only music to really enjoy is real music such as that.

But all music (pre-2000), has it's place for sure, but I can't leave the good stuff for too long.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

This is one of my favourite songs of the year, HUGE d'n'b track. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwSTs...ayer_embedded#

I'm glad I started this thread as I'd somehow not heard of Crystal Castles until now. Thanks for the recommendation, bread, they are indeed brilliant musically (shame about stealing Trent Brown's Madonna artwork though, that guy was riiiiiiiipped off)!

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    I'm a HUGE electronic music fan. My tastes cater more for the downtempo electronica. Am a pretty big (real) House music fan and currently liking the return to the disco sound within the genre. In no particular order or genre my favorite artists:
    - Trentemoller
    - Jay Denes (Blue Six/Naked Music)
    - Helios
    - Ulrich Schnauss
    - DJ Gregory
    - Louie Vega
    - Telefon Tel Aviv
    - Husky Rescue
    - Blu Mar Ten

To name just a few. Currently entranced by Urban Myth Club's - Helium album.
    I like your style!

I know Trentemoller, Ulrich Schnauss and Helios. Will have to source the rest.

I like William Orbit's 'Hello Waveforms' allot. Similar to Schnauss' stuff. I'm sure you would know it tho, but for those that don't Sea Green and Surfin get allot of play-time on the iPod.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    I'm glad I started this thread as I'd somehow not heard of Crystal Castles until now. Thanks for the recommendation, bread, they are indeed brilliant musically (shame about stealing Trent Brown's Madonna artwork though, that guy was riiiiiiiipped off)!
    There was a quote about how good 'Courtship Dating' is that went something like "This song is so good it makes you forget what arseholes they are. And they are HUGE arseholes"...
    Which brings us to where we are today...

well check out these guys MM9 they are electronic metal/synthetic kinda thing and they are Aussie lol, their drummer Ben is awesome you may enjoy it just for his beats

http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=mm...8.806886531..1
    or
    http://www.myspace.com/manymachinesonnine

MM9 are sick, really like their new stuff, their older NuMetal stuff was pretty rubbish, but I've liked all their stuff since Prosthetic Blvd till now. Really cool

North Melbourne-bot...?