Page 144 of 183 FirstFirst ... 124134139140141142143144145146147148149154164 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1829

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Ah fraggin fraggin fraggin frag! Apparently I had movie leader toys ordered with BBTS. I remember looking at them but not ordering.

So now I have a second Megs sitting in a POL overseas. I like the toy well enough but not THAT much.

I could try and see if they would let me cancel but I kinda want the dragon dude.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Well it seems that Shocknado are all in the game so they must be at least doing some updates.

D
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    That name...
    I love that name - best new TF name for years!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Ah fraggin fraggin fraggin frag! Apparently I had movie leader toys ordered with BBTS. I remember looking at them but not ordering.

So now I have a second Megs sitting in a POL overseas. I like the toy well enough but not THAT much.

I could try and see if they would let me cancel but I kinda want the dragon dude.
    Back when I used BBTS they allowed you to cancel orders through a button on their account page that were paid for in the last 7 days (I might be wrong on the number of days). I hope they still do that for you Trev.

PSA: Don't use the Big W catalogue to try and get Target to price match Movie Voyagers!

So I had a fun moment today, finally found a voyager Nitro (and Scorn) at a target today.
    So I thought "maybe I can get them to price match Big W's current sale price. Since $34 for a voyager is much easier to swallow than $60"

So I look up the Big W catalogue on my phone and go up to the counter to see if they'll match the price
    Guy at the counter looked at the catalogue and initially attempted to charge me $64 for a leader class figure.
    When I pointed out I was buying a voyager class figure and pointed at the voyager price on the catalogue, he looked at it confused for a few moments before telling me that it wasn't the same product
    The Big W catalogue for some reason lists the voyager figures as "premium edition" despite listing the leader class as "premier edition"
    He claimed Nitro must be a different product line than the "premium edition" voyager figures that Big W was selling since his box said "premier edition" on it not "premium edition"

So after 5 or so minutes of trying to convince him they are the same product and even explaining to his manager since he called her over they ultimately refused to match Big W's price. So no Nitro for me

The fact Big W's standard price for movie voyagers is $45 whilst Target's price is $60 also caused them issues believing they were the same product. Because god forbid different stores charge different prices for their products

As it turns out. If instead of looking at the catalogue on Big W's website, if you look at the regular product listing for Voyagers on their site it refers to them as "Premier Edition" and lists the sale price of $34 ( https://www.bigw.com.au/product/tran...0000000460007/ )
    Sadly I didn't realise this until I was halfway home. Not that I think they'd believe me about the price now

Then when I got home my phone fell on the pavement as I was getting out of the car, smashing up the screen really badly. (First time I've ever broken the screen on a phone, so that was fun....) So now I'll need to get that repaired. Meaning even a $34 voyager is gonna be too expensive for me for now

I had a "fun" day today

So yeah, learn from my mistake. Don't let Target find a loophole out of giving you a discount that their price match policy says they will. Use the website listing, not the catalogue

On a side note, that same Big W catalogue also uses a picture of Voyager Hound for the One step changers

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    So yeah, learn from my mistake. Don't let Target find a loophole out of giving you a discount that their price match policy says they will. Use the website listing, not the catalogue
    Yep I agree, I've found some Target stores are real jerks about price matching, have had to even show them their own price matching policy before as they tried to tell me "we only match a current printed catalog". Well no, your policy specifically states that if I show you any Australian online store price you will match it.
    So yeah know the policies and cover all your bases, these people might have a price matching policy but they sure as heck dont want us to actually use it, gone are the days of customer satisfaction actually being important.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    On a side note, that same Big W catalogue also uses a picture of Voyager Hound for the One step changers
    Haha good pick up, that's definitely not the 1-step pictured. Someone should go find a Voyager Hound in BigW and try and get them to sell it at that price, since it's the one pictured it would be false advertising to refuse to sell the pictured item at the pictured price

Just remember, outside of periods when they have signage up about price-matching, according to Target head office there is no national policy - "price-matching is only honoured at the Store Manager's discretion"... so you might have just been unlucky to get a cashier who is still following their training to avoid all price-matching if possible (which they would do when that promotional signage isn't up throughout most of the year).

As such, be aware of a knock-back by Target at any time... and if you are rejected, try another store (if you are able to)... or come back another day and try it with someone else.

As long as people are not trying to illegally trick a store into price-matching a different product (like with a store exclusive or the same character in a different size class), just be persistent or try someone else on another day or at another store.

Frustrating, but good to know.
    Thanks Griffin

After my phone is dealt with and I can determine how my funds are looking I may try that store again, or try to find Nitro at another Target

I once just tried at different checkout points at the same Target store. It happened when I bought Thermidor and asked for a price match. First person told me no. Second person wasn't sure and said probably not. Third person wasn't sure and consulted with another staff member who said yes. And yeah, if all of them said no I would've walked out empty handed and tried at another Target or another day.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Just remember, outside of periods when they have signage up about price-matching, according to Target head office there is no national policy
    I think that's outdated (you did write that it was a 2013 update in that thread, so 4 years old) as they do have a toy price match policy listed on their website now.
    https://www.target.com.au/besttoyprice
    TOY PRICE GUARANTEE
    We're so confident that we've got the best toy prices, we guarantee it. If you happen to find our toys advertised cheaper, we'll match it! Just bring in a copy of the current printed advertising material and or a link to an Australian online retailer that pictures or specifies an eligible item with the stated price and we'll do the rest.

Not available online. Excludes interactive gaming and consoles, clearance, international advertisements and international online retailers and promotions.
    The not available online bit just means that their online store cant do price matching, but that this is the price match policy on toys for all Target retail outlets.
    That certainly indicates to me a franchise wide set in stone policy that is not at the managers discretion.

That current promotion is one that comes and goes (both noted online and signs instore), usually for the mid-year toy sale... but since they didn't have one this year it's hard to say if this is permanent, or just for the next month or two.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That current promotion is one that comes and goes (both noted online and signs instore), usually for the mid-year toy sale... but since they didn't have one this year it's hard to say if this is permanent, or just for the next month or two.
    I went back there today. And the toy price match guarantee is still a thing right now since it was mentioned over the PA system in the store and appeared on a screen behind one of the cashiers at the registers

So given they currently have a toy sale on, their price match guarantee is currently active

I tried my luck with Nitro again. Got a different cashier who was reluctant to price match because the listing on the big w website only showed Optimus and Grimlock, not Nitro but I explained it was an assortment and there were multiple characters ultimately her manager said to match it. Redemption!