Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2333383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: US & JP Masterpiece speculations, rumours & wish-lists

Can confirm as: "Legendary Supreme Commander Version."
    S'pose they do need to redeco MP Beast Convoy as something to milk more from the mould. Wouldn't surprise me if they did an MP Burning Beast Convoy. There's really not a whole lot of options other than variants of Optimus Primal.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Can confirm as: "Legendary Supreme Commander Version."
    S'pose they do need to redeco MP Beast Convoy as something to milk more from the mould. Wouldn't surprise me if they did an MP Burning Beast Convoy. There's really not a whole lot of options other than variants of Optimus Primal.
    Thanks Gok. So will all these BW MP's have redeco options? At this point I'm only grabbing the BW one's to give to my son when he grows up because he likes the show (better than G1).

I don't see any redeco potential for Optimus Primal other than variants of the same character. :/
    MP Cheetor has the potential to be redecoed as Tigatron and Shadow Panther. I'd say it's a given that MP Tigatron will happen, and it wouldn't surprise me if the variant parts of Tigatron were gang-moulded along with Cheetor (thus saving TakaraTOMY the expense of retroactively retooling the mould). We've seen them do this plenty of times with the MP Cars (e.g. Sideswipe/Red Alert, Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen, Ironhide/Ratchet, Inferno/Grapple etc.). Shadow Panther was only released as a toy in Japan and never appeared in the show. Takara made that toy because in Japan all Beast Wars toys were sold either individually or in a versus set, and they made up a new Predacon in order to even out the numbers so that Rhinox could have a nemesis to be sold with. I think that Tigatron would be worth getting, but I don't see much value in getting Shadow Panther. I got the original Shadow Panther because it came in a versus set with Rhinox and it was only 2980JPY (AU$35 or $56 by today's standard) for the set.

Kinda makes me giggle in that no-one (referring to the TFW2005 speculation thread) saw this coming.

With all the talk about Supreme Commander Ver. Beast Convoy, it got me thinking... what other redeco potential would there be for future BW MPs if TakaraTOMY were to make them? So here's a list of all the BW TFs that appeared in the show... what redecos would you like to see? Some of my suggestions would obviously work better as limited exclusives, while others could work as mass store releases.

* Optimus Primal: already being redecoed in cel-animation/toy accurate colours. May also be repainted as Burning Convoy.
    * Rhinox: ??? ???
    * Dinobot: Grimlock (without GPS!), Hardhead/Dinotron
    * Cheetor: Tigatron & Shadow Panther
    * Rattrap: Packrat
    * Tigatron: (see Cheetor)
    * Airazor: ??? ???
    * Silverbolt: Windrazor
    * Depth Charge: ??? ???
    * Tigerhawk: Universe Razorclaw
    * Megatron: T-Wrecks
    * Scorponok: Double Punch, Sandstorm
    * Terrorsaur: Fractyl
    * Tarantulas: Blackarachnia?? Although it would have to be a rather substantial retool, moreso than the changes made between Tracks and Road Rage. Not sure if it's possible.
    * Inferno: Antagony. Although they should make some minor retooling along the lines of Road Rage to distinguish her from Inferno.
    * Quickstrike: ??? ???
    * Rampage: Shokoract
    * Waspinator: Buzz Saw. And before anyone says Starscream, I think that the differences are too small to warrant different toys. Rather, the original MP Waspinator should come with a variant head which has Decepticon insignias on the side instead of Predacon insignias, which is accurate to the cartoon when Waspy was possessed by Starscream's ghost.

I'm not touching the Transmetal or Transmetal 2 versions of previous characters though. Not even G1 MPs have gone with later incarnations of G1 characters yet (except for relatively easy repaints like G2 Bumble & Lambor).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    With all the talk about Supreme Commander Ver. Beast Convoy, it got me thinking... what other redeco potential would there be for future BW MPs if TakaraTOMY were to make them? So here's a list of all the BW TFs that appeared in the show... what redecos would you like to see? Some of my suggestions would obviously work better as limited exclusives, while others could work as mass store releases.

* Optimus Primal: already being redecoed in cel-animation/toy accurate colours. May also be repainted as Burning Convoy.
    * Rhinox: ??? ???
    * Dinobot: Grimlock (without GPS!), Hardhead/Dinotron
    * Cheetor: Tigatron & Shadow Panther
    * Rattrap: Packrat
    * Tigatron: (see Cheetor)
    * Airazor: ??? ???
    * Silverbolt: Windrazor
    * Depth Charge: ??? ???
    * Tigerhawk: Universe Razorclaw
    * Megatron: T-Wrecks
    * Scorponok: Double Punch, Sandstorm
    * Terrorsaur: Fractyl
    * Tarantulas: Blackarachnia?? Although it would have to be a rather substantial retool, moreso than the changes made between Tracks and Road Rage. Not sure if it's possible.
    * Inferno: Antagony. Although they should make some minor retooling along the lines of Road Rage to distinguish her from Inferno.
    * Quickstrike: ??? ???
    * Rampage: Shokoract
    * Waspinator: Buzz Saw. And before anyone says Starscream, I think that the differences are too small to warrant different toys. Rather, the original MP Waspinator should come with a variant head which has Decepticon insignias on the side instead of Predacon insignias, which is accurate to the cartoon when Waspy was possessed by Starscream's ghost.

I'm not touching the Transmetal or Transmetal 2 versions of previous characters though. Not even G1 MPs have gone with later incarnations of G1 characters yet (except for relatively easy repaints like G2 Bumble & Lambor).
    Rhinox could be repainted into his "reprogrammed Predacon" form from Dark Designs I guess. Not really much of a repaint though, so he would have to come with a *lot* of extras to make it appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Not really much of a repaint though, so he would have to come with a *lot* of extras to make it appealing.
    Bonus accessories may include:
    * A toy-accurate weapon; i.e. buzzsaw not chain gun (although it'd still come with the standard chain guns from the regular MP Rhinox)
    * Sword (which the toy had by was never used in the show)
    * Clear plastic discharge blast which can be attached to his mouth
    * Clear plastic discharge 'cloud' which can be attached to his... rear
    * Stream of mid-air ejected bullet shells which can be attached to the sides of the chain guns. The bullet shells would be painted over transparent clear plastic to create the illusion.
    * Hasbro HK to include a pewter mini-statue of Fat Tankor

I know that many of these accessories are exclusively related to Dark Rhinox, but it'd be much like how MP Exhaust came with Wheeljack's Immobiliser.

I love the idea about the chaingun bullet shells! That would be an awesome accessory.
    Would be cool to see the antidote "beer cap" from "The Low Road" too, to match the discharge blast accs

While I don't want to ever have to buy another MP Optimus, I just had a thought about how an MP Optimus could be done to look like the animation model.

MP-10 while generally more accurate than MP-1 his chest just doesn't look right and his legs have the bulge of his fenders. The fenders would be an easy fix, make them slide inward to make them flush with the rest of the leg. As for the chest, well why not just simply do a fake windshield? We already have a fake grill, so why not just make the entire front of the torso fake truck parts that looks far more cartoon accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    While I don't want to ever have to buy another MP Optimus, I just had a thought about how an MP Optimus could be done to look like the animation model.

MP-10 while generally more accurate than MP-1 his chest just doesn't look right and his legs have the bulge of his fenders. The fenders would be an easy fix, make them slide inward to make them flush with the rest of the leg. As for the chest, well why not just simply do a fake windshield? We already have a fake grill, so why not just make the entire front of the torso fake truck parts that looks far more cartoon accurate?
    I think the problem with making the wheels on the legs slide or fold in is that making space to do it would result in the lower leg not being (such) a solid structure and therefore weaker. Don't forget that on both MP-1 and MP-10, the thighs telescope in and out of the legs.

It a matter of personal opinion, but I don't like faux parts and would prefer they be avoided where possible. The grille abs were necessary on Optimus because the Marvel/Sunbow model drew them differently for vehicle and robot mode, even though they're the same part on the original toy, and MP designers aim for screen-accuracy in robot mode.