Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IDW Transformers Vs Star Trek comic

Default IDW Transformers Vs Star Trek comic

IDW seems to like crossovers, as we have another one on the way with (Gen1) Transformers meeting up with the Star Trek (cartoon) universe.
    Starting in September will be a four issue mini-series, and some issue 1 covers can be seen here.
    Of note is that the only three Transformers shown on these covers, are Optimus, Bumblebee and Windblade.

Windblade... again.

It's just like Drift... being forced into everything, and being retconned into Gen1.

I just wish it wasn't TOS. I never liked TOS, I'm more of a TNG, DS9 and Voy person.

I'm interested in this, it looks like they are setting it in the Star Trek Animated universe with some more 'alien' crew.

several years ago there was a novel that was a crossover between Star Trek TNG and the X-Men, I quite enjoyed that.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Windblade... again.

It's just like Drift... being forced into everything, and being retconned into Gen1.
    Well, Hasbro gets the final word, it's their IP after all.

Windblade... again.

Because Optimus and Bumblebee are such fresh new characters.

But I somewhat agree, it would be nice if they could use or develop some other female TF characters, not to mention diverge from the same old G1 staple characters for one of these things. It all looks like another stale cash grab shoehorning a bunch of "classic" characters together for no reason.

I don't mind the idea of this with Optimus, Bumblebee and even Windblade to start things off and bring people not as familiar with the diverse range of Transformers characters in to draw initial interest. If it succeeds I would hope they'd branch out with more of the Transformers ensemble.

I question how well a crossover with Star Trek will work but I can also see a number of intriguing potential storylines... even more-so if they had used characters in the Next Gen timeline and encounter an alien species like the Borg.

I'd like to grab a hold of these to read out of sheer curiosity.

IDW seems to like crossovers, as we have another one on the way with (Gen1) Transformers meeting up with the Star Trek (cartoon) universe.
    Starting in September will be a four issue mini-series, and some issue 1 covers can be seen here.
    Of note is that the only three Transformers shown on these covers, are Optimus, Bumblebee and Windblade.
    Interesting to see it's based around the little-seen Star Trek animated series, which was pretty faithful to the live action show, even with the same voice actors. Not a bad watch on a hung-over Sunday morning I used to find.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I just wish it wasn't TOS. I never liked TOS, I'm more of a TNG, DS9 and Voy person.
    DS9 yes, I'll grant ya. I'm even friends with Mark Allen Sheppard that played Morn. But TNG or VOY over TOS - wash your mouth out! Kirk was (and still is) the friggin Mack-Daddy of the Trek franchise yo! Picard was ok but Janeway sucked donkey testicles.

Kirk, Spock and Bones - crackin wise, blastin aliens and shaggin green chicks across the universe, now with friggin Autobots in tow - yeah boi!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Because Optimus and Bumblebee are such fresh new characters.

But I somewhat agree, it would be nice if they could use or develop some other female TF characters, not to mention diverge from the same old G1 staple characters for one of these things. It all looks like another stale cash grab shoehorning a bunch of "classic" characters together for no reason.
    *cough*evergreen*cough*

Galvatran Guest

Sinnertwin would be back on the boards pronto if there was a hint of MLP - Transformers crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    *snip* but Janeway sucked donkey testicles.
    L.M.A.O. Explains the husky deep voice.