Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golden Lagoon Figure Set revealed

bowspearer Guest

Default Golden Lagoon Figures revealed

So it seems that Golden Lagoon Optimus has some friends.

Twitter user Masabon has noted that there are going to be Golden Lagoon figures consisting of Unite Warriors Starscream for ¥3800, as well as a 3-pack of Legends Seaspray, Legends Perceptor and Power of the Primes Beachcomber released alongside it for ¥8000.

Which brings us to where we are today...

Are all the figures coming out in October or just Optimus?

They are curiously ugly and intriguing at the same time... I think I might have to get Optimus at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Are all the figures coming out in October or just Optimus?

They are curiously ugly and intriguing at the same time... I think I might have to get Optimus at least.
    Looks like the three Golden Lagoon bots are being released in November.

I only know of the MP Convoy being a Wonderfest exclusive. There could well be an Asian release too tho. Wonderfest is about eight weeks away.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Wouldn't Thrust have been the most logical Decepticon character to be part of the set since he was the first one to jump in the lagoon?

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Wouldn't Thrust have been the most logical Decepticon character to be part of the set since he was the first one to jump in the lagoon?
    While you are right I always tend to think of beachcomber when I think about the golden lagoon episode. So very strange they have missed both of these characters

Edit: Just saw some official photos and beachcomber is in the set.
    Last edited by ZoonMaster5000; 9th June 2018 at 08:58 PM.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    While you are right I always tend to think of beachcomber when I think about the golden lagoon episode. So very strange they have missed both of these characters

Edit: Just saw some official photos and beachcomber is in the set.
    Not when you consider that there's no easy way for them to do a Combiner Wars Thrust without a heap of retooling.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Not when you consider that there's no easy way for them to do a Combiner Wars Thrust without a heap of retooling.
    Isn't it odd though that they are using MP OP but CW figures for the rest? I think I would have preferred just Megs and OP in gold and maybe an exclusive beachcomber

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Isn't it odd though that they are using MP OP but CW figures for the rest? I think I would have preferred just Megs and OP in gold and maybe an exclusive beachcomber
    With the exception of the lazy recolour with Starscream though, all of the others are the cheapest way to pump these figures out while maintaining animation accuracy. I suspect that's what drove the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    It's a limited run set from TT. Given that TT have no problem with digging out old moulds and charging a fortune for them they could have gotten the Henkei Thrust mould out of storage, again...