Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Swindle's Saleyard > Ebay listings & Dealer Ads > Business & Retailer Feedback

Sightings/Sales

Old 11th November 2017, 01:14 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
Can you post a screenshot?
Can everyone that has received emails stating "we wont get stock, do a chargeback", "you paid by zippay so we wont send your orders" and "we've cancelled your orders because you sought a refund, do a chargeback" post screenshots?
Just want a good amount to show the doubters that these things are happening and that their precious pal has been lying to people and doing illegal things.

Because no matter how you look at it him taking money for unsecured stock and refusing to refund is breaking the law.
Not to mention breaking his own terms of service, and I quote "IF WE CANNOT SUPPLY YOUR PRODUCT A FULL REFUND WILL BE GIVEN".
Sorry but saying "get a chargeback" is not supplying a refund, especially when ETAs may have expired or he may (will) dispute the chargeback.
Is PC actually telling people to do a chargeback for items that PC are personally telling their customers in writing that they can't obtain (which isn't true, as they could always buy from another online store and just eat the cost).
If that is true, and someone can post up a copy, that is proof of them breaking Australian Consumer law, and should be passed onto the ACCC.
A retailer in Australia is required to voluntarily make the refund if they are unable to fulfil their side of the sales contract (a service or goods), not keep the money and tell the customer to do a chargeback on their bank that may or may not work.
Old 11th November 2017, 01:52 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
Is PC actually telling people to do a chargeback for items that PC are personally telling their customers in writing that they can't obtain (which isn't true, as they could always buy from another online store and just eat the cost).
If that is true, and someone can post up a copy, that is proof of them breaking Australian Consumer law, and should be passed onto the ACCC.
A retailer in Australia is required to voluntarily make the refund if they are unable to fulfil their side of the sales contract (a service or goods), not keep the money and tell the customer to do a chargeback on their bank that may or may not work.
Short answer, yes
Old 11th November 2017, 02:56 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
Short answer, yes
I've seen it with my own eyes too but it's not my post or email so I cant just put it up here without their permission. I was told to seek a refund from zippay as they won't be supplying badcube grump or slick.
Old 11th November 2017, 03:11 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
I've seen it with my own eyes too but it's not my post or email so I cant just put it up here without their permission. I was told to seek a refund from zippay as they won't be supplying badcube grump or slick.
I've seen it too. Was an email I got. Same with Zippay with a couple of things I paid using them
Old 11th November 2017, 03:35 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Maybe send a copy to the ACCC and see if they have an opinion about if this business should be de-registered or fined... because an Australian business has a legal obligation to their paying customers to provide the goods or services that they are contracted/paid to provide, or voluntarily return their money willingly and easily if they are unable to do that.

You wouldn't have Kmart tell you that your layby has been cancelled because they lost or destroyed your item, and tell you to go chase up your bank for your money back because they don't want to do it themselves. They would be fined and the media would be all over it.
Old 11th November 2017, 05:31 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
Not only that, they're actively cancelling orders and telling customers to seek a chargeback. If they're the ones cancelling, they should be refunding.
Old 11th November 2017, 10:07 PM

As other have said, short answer is yes, PC is doing all sorts of dodgy things.
There are plenty of screenshots in the facebook PC complaints group where people have shown their emails but I dont want to post them until I get permission,
which is also why I asked if people here are willing to share screenshots publicly (with whatever details edited out).
And yes PC are also cancelling all orders placed by any customers that have done chargebacks without telling them that the orders have been cancelled and only mentioning it if those customers ask questions.
I can only assume this is an attempt to cause dispute timers to pass so that customers cant get their money back, but in a way that tries to make it look like he isn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
I've seen it too. Was an email I got. Same with Zippay with a couple of things I paid using them
Are you willing to post a screenshot of the email?
Or if you want to remain entirely anonymous you can PM it to me and I can add it to an imgur folder I'm compiling with these shady emails
Old 12th November 2017, 07:26 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Here are some examples I was able to find. None of these are mine as I was never lucky enough to get a reply.

Old 12th November 2017, 10:24 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Legend mate,

These will help support customers as evidence when doing charge backs with banks.
Old 12th November 2017, 11:12 AM

I said it before, this pissed me off as I don't need to wait for an eta because all my orders were void. We were waiting for nothing to get a refund.
Simply put if you got a pre order next year and you did a chargeback for an item this year, your pre order is void but you are wasting time waiting for that eta next year when there is no intention to fulfil.

I am on my last dispute.
Just take note that he cancel orders.

Ironically there are still people thinking this is the way business is and is okay.

Last edited by drifand; 12th November 2017 at 11:33 AM.