Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Swindle's Saleyard > Ebay listings & Dealer Ads > Business & Retailer Feedback

Sightings/Sales

Old 15th November 2017, 01:23 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
Mine was delivered in July
+1, twas my last delivered item as well. It was actually quite surprising to see it, if anything they earned themselves an extra month or so of patience from me at the time, all for nothing in the end.
--------------------------------------------------------
"Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
Old 15th November 2017, 01:51 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChlorHex View Post
What's the success rates with charge backs through Bank West? Any experiences here? Blooming time wasting and money sucking bastards you are, PC.
Bloody irresponsible buggers... it's time to shut you down.
You won't know until you try.

First you need to email PC to request a cancellation and refund within a week, wait about a week for a response, then file your charge back.

If you feel you're outside the delivery time for a charge back, email PC asking for an estimate on the delivery and use this new delivery time when you eventually reach the charge back request stage
Old 15th November 2017, 03:28 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakakun View Post
You won't know until you try.

First you need to email PC to request a cancellation and refund within a week, wait about a week for a response, then file your charge back.

If you feel you're outside the delivery time for a charge back, email PC asking for an estimate on the delivery and use this new delivery time when you eventually reach the charge back request stage
The problem now is that if you get a reply from PC they are no long giving delayed ETA "late insert month here" "early insert month here" replies. They are just saying flat out that they cannot supply you because their supplier short supplied them blah blah blah. I am not exactly sure how these new email replies will work when applying for a chargeback when you are over the 120 day limit of the original ETA.
Old 15th November 2017, 03:47 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzKing View Post
I am not exactly sure how these new email replies will work when applying for a chargeback when you are over the 120 day limit of the original ETA.
Might work ok for Visa as their terms say that 120 days from "the date that the Cardholder was first made aware that the merchandise or services would not be provided" is acceptable, but I'm not 100% certain whether or not it will work.
And since Mastercard and AmEx dont have that paragraph I'd have to say that it isn't relevant to them at all.
Some are saying that the "cant supply, seek chargeback" bs resets the ETA or that it's enough to get the banks to listen regardless of old ETAs, but I dont think that's correct.
I guess we'll find out for sure when someone tries to do a chargeback without a current 120 day ETA using that email.
Old 15th November 2017, 03:53 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzKing View Post
The problem now is that if you get a reply from PC they are no long giving delayed ETA "late insert month here" "early insert month here" replies. They are just saying flat out that they cannot supply you because their supplier short supplied them blah blah blah. I am not exactly sure how these new email replies will work when applying for a chargeback when you are over the 120 day limit of the original ETA.
If you can't get a new eta by an email or their website, and you're over the 120, then yeah you're pretty much screwed.

It's a shitty situation. I genuinely feel sorry for those who found out late about this shit storm and couldn't get their charge backs.

Hopefully those who've been following this over the year didn't hold off on initiating the charge back process too long.
Old 15th November 2017, 07:20 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
And since Mastercard and AmEx dont have that paragraph I'd have to say that it isn't relevant to them at all.
They both do - I took a snippet from each of their chargeback manuals for my disputes:

Old 16th November 2017, 01:03 AM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
They both do - I took a snippet from each of their chargeback manuals for my disputes:
Hmm, as I read it the MC one is about services only, so power, internet, netflix etc so that's why I thought it didnt include goods to be delivered and didnt consider it valid.
If you notice the first paragraph says goods and services for ETAs but then the next one only mentions services for scenarios involving the customer first being made aware,
so my interpretation was that 120 days from ETA for goods and services or 120 days from first knowledge of cessation of services only.
I suppose it would require clarification from someone at MC.

As for AmEx, I'm not very familiar with it so thanks for sharing that for me, seems AmEx might be viable in some cases.
It does say though "One hundred and twenty (120) days from (whichever occurred first)" and for all these undelivered items the ETA occurred first so the "first made aware goods wont be provided" might not be valid since it's well after the original ETAs.

Visas one at least doesnt have the "whichever happens first" nonsense which is why I think that one should be able to use their terms to get a resolution, even if one had to push a little.
The other cards I'm not so confident, for the reasons detailed above.
Old 16th November 2017, 08:40 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
Hmm, as I read it the MC one is about services only, so power, internet, netflix etc so that's why I thought it didnt include goods to be delivered and didnt consider it valid.
If you notice the first paragraph says goods and services for ETAs but then the next one only mentions services for scenarios involving the customer first being made aware,
so my interpretation was that 120 days from ETA for goods and services or 120 days from first knowledge of cessation of services only.
I suppose it would require clarification from someone at MC.

As for AmEx, I'm not very familiar with it so thanks for sharing that for me, seems AmEx might be viable in some cases.
It does say though "One hundred and twenty (120) days from (whichever occurred first)" and for all these undelivered items the ETA occurred first so the "first made aware goods wont be provided" might not be valid since it's well after the original ETAs.
Yeah everything is up for interpretation isnt it. I mean I can argue that by them no longer delivering my goods, their retail service to me has thus ceased.
I think the word service is used in two different contexts there, the first paragraph being a service you purchase (like lawnmowing work), whereas the second paragraph being the business actively being able to service you as a customer (irrespective of it being tangible goods or not). Hope that makes sense.

With Amex, youre right about the ETA happening first but I would still think that any recently updated ETAs supersede the original, which then most likely would fall within 120 days.
Old 16th November 2017, 09:55 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

This whole sorry mess illustrates how the system is loaded in favour of the retailer. It really does come down to "caveat emptor" - which is no help when the retailer was reliable in the past and customers had no reason to doubt it would continue to be.
Old 16th November 2017, 11:19 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Talking

From https://www.premiumcollectables.com....s/vip-rewards:

"Vip Customers who in last month's induction have not received their 10% or one time code!

you may still purchase items and be assured the purchase will be backdated to date of confirmation,

due to the large number of new VIP last month it is taking longer than expected to set all new vip customers up on the system.

also please continue to use cservice@premiumcollect.com.au for emails as the VIP server email is still having some issues."

I'm not sure whether I'm more upset about the continual insults to our collective intelligence or the continual assault on the English language.

How many new VIPs could he possibly be getting to not be able to keep up?

Where do sentences begin and end? Who even knows anymore? Anything is possible!

Oh, and no reply to my email about XTB Not Cosmos.