Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: TRU Chaos on Velocitron set now out

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Yep... looks like it might have sold out. But keep it bookmarked, and check back each day until the 17th, as they might get more stock in for its release.
    Great... now I find myself hitting refresh every 15 mins

Now on Amazon for the low price of US$299.90...

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Now on Amazon for the low price of US$299.90...
    That price would be a private seller then.

I hope they get in more stock, otherwise this was such a tease.

That price would be a private seller then.

I hope they get in more stock, otherwise this was such a tease.
    Lucky you got one for me then mate

For those interested in this set... the Velocitron set has just popped up on Amazon (sold by Amazon) for US$100 plus US$25 for shipping (for one).

I ordered two (one for me and one for a friend) and it came to AU$338... which is AU$170 each (the same price as in HK without shipping), and 15% less than the price it would be in Australia if ToysRUs ends up selling it here.

This unexpected, as it is supposed to be a TRU exclusive in America like everywhere else, so Amazon shouldn't be able to sell it.

It doesn't get released until June 17th, so it will be interesting to see what happens on that date. (at least with Amazon it's not too much to worry about, because if it was a mistaken listing, or it wasn't meant to be available to export, they will refund the money quickly and easily)
    It's a shame that they ended up with such a small amount of stock, but it would have only been of use to collectors who don't care about the packaging.
    They arrived last week, and as with most Amazon orders, the cheap postage comes with a guarantee of damage... as both boxsets were crushed, and this was despite being filled with those large air bubble packing materials. (usually they just throw in 2 or 3 bubbles and they just bounce around loose inside the box with all the items, but this time there was enough in there to hold everything in place, but something heavy must have been on top of the box on the way to my address)
    So even though it wasn't Amazon's fault this time with the packing of the box, their choice of cheap shipping created the damage... so, it might have been a good thing for some to miss out on this, if it had meant getting a crushed boxset (for those who keep the toys sealed, or display the packaging).

It's a shame that they ended up with such a small amount of stock, but it would have only been of use to collectors who don't care about the packaging.
    They arrived last week, and as with most Amazon orders, the cheap postage comes with a guarantee of damage... as both boxsets were crushed, and this was despite being filled with those large air bubble packing materials. (usually they just throw in 2 or 3 bubbles and they just bounce around loose inside the box with all the items, but this time there was enough in there to hold everything in place, but something heavy must have been on top of the box on the way to my address)
    So even though it wasn't Amazon's fault this time with the packing of the box, their choice of cheap shipping created the damage... so, it might have been a good thing for some to miss out on this, if it had meant getting a crushed boxset (for those who keep the toys sealed, or display the packaging).
    At least you got a packing box. My 40th Star Wars Vader set arrived today from Amazon without any packaging. Squashed, dented and postage labels stuck all over it. Not impressed...at all.

Could also say at least you got the set

For those interested in this set... the Velocitron set has just popped up on Amazon (sold by Amazon) for US$100 plus US$25 for shipping (for one).
    It's back up for US$100 from Amazon, to arrive July 10th.

Just be warned that this is Amazon, so don't buy this unless you are okay with the box likely being damaged and you just want to have these toys. (postage is cheap - you get what you pay for)

And gone again... sorry.

I actually suspect that the sets being sold on Amazon are likely returns from TRU online. TRU sells many items THROUGH Amazon already, and it could be that sets purchased by collectors via TRU were returned for being imperfect, and now are being sold through the Amazon portal (or through some arrangement Amazon has with TRU).