Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: BigW mid-year toy sale - June 22nd to July 12

Quote Originally Posted by KaRNiV8L PRiME View Post
    Nah I start work at 6am the next day. We are getting a pallet display unit for TF5 too which looks cool
    Ah that sucks, was gonna say we can catch up. Only time I ever see you around lol
    Dapto Dog for 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    Ah that sucks, was gonna say we can catch up. Only time I ever see you around lol
    We should have a catch up soon mate
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by KaRNiV8L PRiME View Post
    We should have a catch up soon mate
    There is a Penrith fair next month if your keen
    Dapto Dog for 2017

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Prime View Post
    I hope Big W ordered plenty of those Trippys. They're going to sell like hotcakes!
    Honestly I hope not, all that buying things at inflated prices like this does is encourage these stores to overcharge in the future.
    It's part of why stores put a higher base price on things that they fully intend to sell at a lower price, so that they can make out they are putting it "on sale" when in fact it's the price they were planning on making the most sales at. Happens all the time, just need to look at for example how the supermarkets raise the price of icecream so that they can then "discount" it back to the previous price so that people think they are saving money, when in fact they are just paying what they were going to to begin with.
    It's marketing plain and simple, as I said I just hope Trypticon doesnt sell well otherwise the next Titan class figure if there is one will be listed at $400 here even though the US retail price hasnt budged.

TL;DR IMO this figure is overpriced and I hope it shelfwarms so that stores arent encouraged to keep overcharging. Frankly the above is what keeps me from buying more from local retail stores

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    With Tryp at $248 plus staff discount for me I'll get him from work instead of TLTC. But not everyone has Woolworths staff discount so I'm sure TLTC will still get a ton of orders for him.
    TLTC is $195+$15 shipping-$210
    Big w after 5% -$235.60

I'm assuming you can't wait or trust TLTC yet, either way I COULD save on shipping but going up to them via public transport isn't fun lol, I'm just deciding my options myself

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    TLTC is $195+$15 shipping-$210
    Big w after 5% -$235.60

I'm assuming you can't wait or trust TLTC yet, either way I COULD save on shipping but going up to them via public transport isn't fun lol, I'm just deciding my options myself
    I usually try to pick up stuff from TLTC in between work meetings as I've got some clients near one of their pick up points. I'm not fussed with lugging my stuff home with me on the tram but no way am I bringing this beastly Dino with me to a client meeting!

Megatran Guest

RACV members in VIC can purchase BigW (Woolies?) store cards at selected RACV shops at 5% discount in denominations of $100 or $500. Helps to lessen the pain just that little more.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    I usually try to pick up stuff from TLTC in between work meetings as I've got some clients near one of their pick up points. I'm not fussed with lugging my stuff home with me on the tram but no way am I bringing this beastly Dino with me to a client meeting!
    Oh that would be a hassle and a half lol

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    Honestly I hope not, all that buying things at inflated prices like this does is encourage these stores to overcharge in the future.
    It's part of why stores put a higher base price on things that they fully intend to sell at a lower price, so that they can make out they are putting it "on sale" when in fact it's the price they were planning on making the most sales at. Happens all the time, just need to look at for example how the supermarkets raise the price of icecream so that they can then "discount" it back to the previous price so that people think they are saving money, when in fact they are just paying what they were going to to begin with.
    It's marketing plain and simple, as I said I just hope Trypticon doesnt sell well otherwise the next Titan class figure if there is one will be listed at $400 here even though the US retail price hasnt budged.

TL;DR IMO this figure is overpriced and I hope it shelfwarms so that stores arent encouraged to keep overcharging. Frankly the above is what keeps me from buying more from local retail stores
    OTOH I do hope it sells well. Even at the inflated price. My local Myer still has 5 or 6 Fort Maxes. Not good if you want them to pick up and sell the next Titan. And I one of the two remaining ones.

Paying $248 for Trypticon from Big W and being able to own the toy immediately sure beats paying $160 for the same toy from Premium Collectables where you may be still waiting for this toy in a year's time. Just take my damn money, Big W!