Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Combiner Wars Devastator Rumour

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    They could have Prowl as the additional "Targetmaster" for the gestalt group (similar to Generations Powerglide for Superion). He could simply be a Legends scale figure included with Hook who can transform into a vehicle and alternate head module for Devastator; even if it's simply clipping onto Devvie's head like a helmet or "Headmaster" module (à la Animated Leader Bulkhead).
    This is a great idea.
    They could possibly get around the Hook-as-leg issue by having dual-purpose pegs at either end that would work to both stabilise the shoulders and form a leg...it'd be tricky and probably out of budget but I imagine if they played with chest width and leg length a little then HTT could engineer a Hook mould that could be either a foot or an upper chest.
    Of course, that would mean people wanting an IDW-accurate Prowlastator would need to buy 2 Hooks, but I doubt Hasbro would mind that all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I'm pretty sure people don't really want to-scale Scramble City gestalts or Superion and Menasor would look like thalidomide victims, and Defensor and Bruticus would be mutants.

Oh I dunno, if you swapped them round a bit Defensor could have First Aid and Streetwise as legs, chop Blades in half to make the two arms and Groove could be.... I dunno... a belt?

Edit: You know I wrote the above as a joke but now thinking about it, if Groove turned into a gun.... it could actually kinda work

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yes while I did mention Prowl, I really dont think it's a good idea, and though comics is the only thing i have to do with transformers outside of collecting MP/gestalts, I would never even buy prowl, let alone display it with him combined.

The Combiner Devastator set has shown up in the Canadian ToysRUs computer.
    Since we found out about the Platinum Insecticons and Coneheads set after this boxset was first rumoured, it is now likely that this is another in the line of Platinum Gen1 boxsets for 2015.
    Also, if the remaining Generations Deluxe toys for 2015 are indeed Protectobots and Autobot cars, a set of new moulds (Constructicons) is not likely to be released as a boxset first... so would need to either be existing moulds, or a toy that can't be sold individually (TF2 Devastator).
    The Canadian price is $180, which is likely to be about US$150 in America... and about $200-250 if released here.
    The Insecticon set was found as well, for C$100.

Wasn't Metroplex around that price tag in the US? We could see a similar markdown like we did for Devastator. Target had him for $120, hopefully it repeats.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

$150 US would be a lot to charge for the original Constructicons, but the price of the Insecticons rerelease is pretty steep too and those aren't much bigger. There will be some epic fan rage if it is the G1 toys; the link you've shared pretty much has everyone still believing it's brand new voyager class toys.

(When I look at the original Insecticons, toys I only got twenty years after the fact, I can never get over how small they are, and yet they were sold in boxes at a higher price point compared to the triple changing Constructicons. )

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    $150 US would be a lot to charge for the original Constructicons, but the price of the Insecticons rerelease is pretty steep too and those aren't much bigger. There will be some epic fan rage if it is the G1 toys; the link you've shared pretty much has everyone still believing it's brand new voyager class toys.
    Yes it is still the current consensus... due to the timing and the claim of some "reliable" source that I don't recall.

I did post my reasons on that site, just to see what sort of comments it got...

1 - If this Devastator toy (rumor) was found AFTER the discovery of the Insecticons and Conehead sets, fans may not have automatically jumped on the Generations Combiner Wars concept as the most likely option (because it was the only plausible option at the time). And Gen1 seems to be the focus of the Hasbro Platinum sets this year.
    2 - We have since had store listings of the remaining eight Combiner Deluxes as being Protectobots (for Hotspot) and Autobot Cars (for Optimus), which if true, doesn't leave any spots left for Constructicons. Hasbro have been pretty accurate in recent years on the product numbers they have officially announced at the start of a line.
    3 - Hasbro doesn't release several new molds in a boxset (1 or 2 maybe, but not 5 or 6) unless they can't be sold separately (like TF2 Devastator if you count those as separate toys) or are really small (like Micromasters/MiniCons).. especially as a store exclusive, because they can't make back the money spent on creating new molds if it has a limited release. So if Number 2 is correct and this was a new mold combiner in limited numbers at ToysRUs, Hasbro would have to release a really small combiner at that price, just to break even (something about the size of MP Soundwave, which was also a limited edition TRU exclusive... it was slightly cheaper than this, but isn't as complex as Combiners which are technically triplechangers).
    I guess it comes down to how it was listed in the TRU computers... as in, if it had "Generations" in the title. Which in itself, isn't proof, as a number of non-Movie exclusives last year were officially listed as MV4 (Movie 4).
    And it is worth noting that I don't think it has actually been stated to be a TRU exclusive... that was something I didn't realise until after I posted my points above. If it is a regular release item like Metroplex, maybe there is a chance it is a simplified combiner that replicates IDW Devastator, which would then come in closer to that previous "Titan" price point, and negate my third point.

Hmmm... I wonder if I ask really really nicely, Hasbro Australia will tell us what it actually is.

I'd give it 50/50 it could be either a devastator for the combiner wars, or a g1 reissue. I would prefer the generations/combiner wars option. It is doable, as I don't think Hasbro needs to create 5 or 6 unique molds, there could be just 3 unique ones, with 3 retools. eg Bonecrusher and Scavenger, Scrapper and Long Haul, Mixmaster and Hook.

I don't think the 6 voyagers would count as voyagers from the moulds for 2015. They'd be part of the Titan Class mould(s). Of course, unlike Metroplex, they have to have a lot more engineering to allow for 3 modes (robot, construction vehicle, combiner part) and would thus be smaller. That would have them meet the Titan Class pricepoint but still be much smaller than Metroplex.

This is a Generations product from what we've seen so far, so there wouldn't be too much of a packaging cost, unlike the Platinum Edition stuff. G2 repaints (people seem to suck that stuff up) would probably be an option and maybe a Diaclone scheme as a convention exclusive.
    The same guy who confirmed Leader Magnus (at least I think it was the same guy) said the titan was made up of 6 voyagers without Prowl in a heavily G1 influence.

If this is indeed true, I would love a windowed box with an insert similar to this: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/FileevastatorManga1.jpg
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I'm now leaning to generations devastator been a g1 reissue, as it seems most likely as Griffin suggested. Hmm going to be a few disappointed people. I have lowered my expectations
    The generations g1 reissue insecticon set, not really keen on that. A possible set of G1 coneheads is the only set I'm really keen on, but all depends on the box presentation.