View Poll Results: Will you be buying the Topps Collector Cards or Game Cards?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes to both

3 30.00%
  • Only the Collector Cards

1 10.00%
  • Only the Game Cards

0 0%
  • No to both

6 60.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Promo Review - Topps Collector Cards and Game Cards

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I got the impression that the DOTM cards were better, with autograph cards and rare stuff that people were demanding high prices on ebay.
    Yeah that set had some nice stuff or even Optimum Collection from Breygent they even had a Leonard Nimoy/Sentinel Prime Autograph which fetches between 300-600 on eBay and you can pick up a box of that for around $60-$70 and get and auto and/or memoribila card per box with the chance of a relic tyre piece

Much better set at a much better price
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Looks like I'm confusing the two DOTM trading card sets... the ones with autograph cards (72 cards plus autograph cards) that were also given out at SDCC and demanding huge prices on ebay, and, the heavily discounted ones at BBTS that have 252 cards (now down to US$60 for a Master Case, and on ebay by an Australian for AU$500 who must be trying to flip the cheap BBTS carton as they copied and pasted the exact text and images).

I thought it was just the one set of cards... as I was considering getting the Master Carton now that it is at $60 as I thought it would have at least a few rarities like autograph cards in it... but it is not that set.
    And reading a review of the BBTS ones make them seem rather plain for a set of trading cards... with a lot of ordinary picture cards (no story or info) and just shiny cards as the chase items.
    I think I'll skip it now... despite how tempting that price is getting. (even with shipping, which is only $33)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Looks like I'm confusing the two DOTM trading card sets... the ones with autograph cards (72 cards plus autograph cards) that were also given out at SDCC and demanding huge prices on ebay, and, the heavily discounted ones at BBTS that have 252 cards (now down to US$60 for a Master Case, and on ebay by an Australian for AU$500 who must be trying to flip the cheap BBTS carton as they copied and pasted the exact text and images).

I thought it was just the one set of cards... as I was considering getting the Master Carton now that it is at $60 as I thought it would have at least a few rarities like autograph cards in it... but it is not that set.
    And reading a review of the BBTS ones make them seem rather plain for a set of trading cards... with a lot of ordinary picture cards (no story or info) and just shiny cards as the chase items.
    I think I'll skip it now... despite how tempting that price is getting. (even with shipping, which is only $33)
    yeah Optimum Colelction if by far the superior set and i still need to track down a R Taylor Auto and a Ratchet Auto but it is a much better set and value for money
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Wow, $15 a pack! I'll be skipping them for now. Or until the price drops somehow

I managed to pick up a couple of the memorabilia cards which makes it a lot cheaper then dropping 150 per box.

I think the Tessa yeager will be pretty hard to come by or even the tail light piece.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I was going to ask where you got them, but I had a look on ebay (which is hard to search for these, as people call them all sorts of weird names, and there are hundreds of older card sets out there).... and I see a lot of UK sellers with that series of cards (including this person selling 10 Optimus cards, separately).

They must have been cheaper over there, as this UK person is selling a box of 10 packs for US$87. (then again, they could have felt and removed the prop-packs, and making up a box of 10 off regular card packs to sell for less).

Is ebay where you got them, or was it somewhere local, because this Australian card store is selling on ebay too, so Banter must have found some customers in Australia.

There is a HK seller with a Tessa card for auction, with half a day to go, which was the .

Auctions of the Optimus card are selling for US$10-20, which I imagine was not earning people as much as they were hoping for movie prop bits, as it probably would have cost them about US$10 to buy it in a pack.
    BIN does better, as one sold for US$50... but I imagine all those others being auctions were by people falsely thinking it would sell for more than $50 (since the autograph cards from the last movie card set demands big bucks).

There are so many different coloured Optimus cards there... more than I imagined. I have a blue one and a red one thinking that they are the two colours of Optimus, but now I see a range of blues, some with more than one colour on it, and even a black and a white one listed. (which makes sense, if they used up the entire shell of the truck, and not just the more recognisable coloured parts - as a fan I'd prefer a red or blue part than a black or white one)

Griff they have all come from eBay Shane Dyson was from that Aussie Seller the primes from UK, I am Currently Bidding on another prime card that has three colours in it and a chad Yeager also in the UK.

I have asked Banter on twitter if they hit retail but no responses yet.

I want to get at least one of each of the memorabilia cards but without the distribution here eBay is the only place. They may flood the market on clearance in a year or so..

The product is over priced for what it is so I imagine some value getting lost along the way. Tessa Yeager at 500 Pieces is probably the one that is worth the value.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy