Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Reissue of Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime

Default Reissue of Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime

From TFW2005

Coming via Transformers Asia, it looks like the Hasbro version of the Masterpiece MP-10 mold will be seeing a reissue in select Asia countries this October 2014. The Hasbro version you may recall was the very difficult to find Toys 'R Us exclusive. Unfortunately no price has been provided yet, so we can only speculate given past Asia exclusive prices.
    Source
    Which brings us to where we are today...

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Makes me wonder if I want to get a hasbro version one or if lucky settle with this.

This info just came before I wanted to bid on one on ebay, you kind of saved me some dollars hopefully but won't be surprised if they release at $300 mark but kind of feel safer than a ebay purchase.
    Last edited by drifand; 6th August 2014 at 04:55 AM.

This will be good news for people who've missed out. I wonder if the packaging will change.

Guess now its hasbro version or taktom version of the reissue...

I guess if its cheap enough and available locally, then i'll go for the cheaper one.

Quote Originally Posted by Penetrator View Post
    Guess now its hasbro version or taktom version of the reissue...

I guess if its cheap enough and available locally, then i'll go for the cheaper one.

If you waiting on local, your only chance is a tru exclusive in continuation of their renumbered mp series.

Speaking of which, there is no longer a confirmation on the takara reissue as that was false information.

There is a slim possibility that prime will be reissued just like the grimlock pattern here but i wouldn't hold my breath.

For those who didn't know, the ko version was reviewed to be pretty impressive with more detailed paint on the figure, however the no trailer bit is the down side.

It appears that this reissue they are speaking of is on Oct 15.
    I would like to see which stores in hk will open their pre-order soon

I was telling the people at Hasbro at Toyfair that they should reissue this, as it was so popular that it would sell out again easily... so hopefully through their partnership with Hasbro HK, this is being done so that it is released here as well.

For a "one-off" premium concept that Masterpiece started out as (one or two per year), we are now getting one or two per month that are new or reissues.
    For 2014, we have eight from Japan, five from Hong Kong, and four from Hasbro... a total of 17 in one year.

^ I hope they didn't think yoth version was good enough as to some people they look at it and say is the same thing.

Big question,

Who is interested?

I am in, regardless of the stupid prices, is a risk but I just want to get one and move on. I lost this battle for RRP.

There may be a chance it will appear on TRU exclusive, sometimes when you see things like this is like the factory went "why not?" lets release one at high price before TRU's is released.

Pass. It it was a Takara re-release, I'd be considering it for completion's sake, but I have my Hasbro MP Prime and the box shot in the link is definitely that one.