Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: BigBadToyStore (BBTS) (America) feedback

I just got this message from BBTS:

Hello,

We have been unable to contact Shocker Toys regarding the SHK10075 Indie Spotlight Series 02 The Tick Preview Figure (LE 1000). We have therefore made the decision to cancel our preorders since Shocker Toys continues to be unresponsive and may never fulfill our order. We understand the frustration of waiting so long for an item only to find out your order will not be fulfilled and apologize for this outcome.

We truly appreciate your understanding and thank you for your continued business.

Sincerely,

BBTS Customer Care

It's freakin annoying as I've had that pre-order sitting there since Dec 2013! And every month they said it will arrive then near the end of the month changed it to the next month.

I could have bought this figure a million other places between now and then

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

Hello,

We have been unable to contact Shocker Toys regarding the SHK10075 Indie Spotlight Series 02 The Tick Preview Figure (LE 1000). We have therefore made the decision to cancel our preorders since Shocker Toys continues to be unresponsive and may never fulfill our order. We understand the frustration of waiting so long for an item only to find out your order will not be fulfilled and apologize for this outcome.

We truly appreciate your understanding and thank you for your continued business.

Sincerely,

BBTS Customer Care

It's freakin annoying as I've had that pre-order sitting there since Dec 2013! And every month they said it will arrive then near the end of the month changed it to the next month.

Reading this, I'm not very surprised that they've been cancelled, and it may not be BBTS's fault. But I hate hate HATE their habit of giving predicted release dates and pushing them back, month after month ad nauseum. Too inaccurate too often. Very difficult when you're planning to ship a POL but waiting patiently for something you expect very soon that doesn't come in a timely manner.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Reading this, I'm not very surprised that they've been cancelled, and it may not be BBTS's fault. But I hate hate HATE their habit of giving predicted release dates and pushing them back, month after month ad nauseum. Too inaccurate too often. Very difficult when you're planning to ship a POL but waiting patiently for something you expect very soon that doesn't come in a timely manner.
    I'm pretty sure they use the dates given to them by the suppliers. So if it gets pushed back it is due to the suppliers being late delivering the product.

If anything it shows they are a little optimustic with these things and that they may be at the bottom of the priority list with many suppliers.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    I'm pretty sure they use the dates given to them by the suppliers. So if it gets pushed back it is due to the suppliers being late delivering the product.

If anything it shows they are a little optimustic with these things and that they may be at the bottom of the priority list with many suppliers.
    I can accept that, to a degree, but in Trev's case, something pushed back every single month for over a year, when I suspect one could reasonably assume it wasn't ever going to happen, is a bit too much. Why not just say "we don't know when it's coming, or even IF it's coming"? People are more likely to be forgiving for things when they feel informed. As it stands, I have a tough time believing *any* claim of timeliness from BBTS on any product, after being jacked around a few times myself.

Perhaps they are misinformed by suppliers, or get product later than anticipated in some cases. No one is forcing them to pass on that information to their customers, or in fact give some information that is wrong and not doing much to correct it when it becomes apparent it is wrong.

Overall, I should say that BBTS still remains my preferred supplier for Hasbro products, their POL is fantastic, shipping is pretty good, and despite my (and Trev's) grievances, the customer care after purchase is pretty good.

I'm curious as to whether you'll continue to use them after this Trev?

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post

I'm curious as to whether you'll continue to use them after this Trev?
    I live in the bush where the nearest town only has a 'grade c ' Target (meaning they are small and don't get a lot in that other Targets do) and the Toyworld restocks about every 2 years. This means I do the vast majority of my TF shopping online and the POL provided by BBTS means I can't really afford to see the back of them.

I will however be emailing them about a Power Girl mag with figure that I've had in order for just as long, it's getting a bit ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

Hello,

Sincerely,

BBTS Customer Care

And now they have cancelled my Darkside Soundwave that once again they have said every month will turn up and they've been doing that since last July

I'm a little surprised that I pressed "ship" on my POL yesterday and BBTS didn't ship it last night. Normally they are Johnny on the spot with their shipping.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I'm a little surprised that I pressed "ship" on my POL yesterday and BBTS didn't ship it last night. Normally they are Johnny on the spot with their shipping.
    That's been fairly common for the last year or two now, I think they just process so much stuff that they can't turn everything around in a day. I have had to wait a day or 3 for my last few POL shipments.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

My longest is a six day wait for Express from them... Almost to the point it was supposed to have arrived before they had gotten around to sending

they don't make any promises about the time spent in warehouse as far as I recall. only that once shipped it takes x number of business days depending on method of shipment.

I've never had a late shipment once they've shipped it. ever.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)