Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: BigBadToyStore (BBTS) (America) feedback

BBTS are a great place to buy things. Regardless of how dated the BBTS website looks like, it delivers, and it delivers Lego as well.

I have made about 20 orders with them (including Lego Star Wars as well).

Even if shipping is slightly higher, the "pile of loot" is a great way to offset it.

The site might look dated on the PC, but works great on my iPhone. Which is where the majority of my orders are made.

Edit: ever tried to log in at TFsource on an iPhone? It's a bad experience.

Good on BBTS for doing the right thing for you griffin.
    I got one of those 12 packs from Japan when released, and the outer box should be sealed (yours looks like it was opened for display in a store) and the 12 inner boxes sealed.

Read there were 2 possible combinations for what you got in the case - mine had 2 G1 Prime, 2 G1 Megatron, 2 Movie Megatron and 2 Thundercrackers and 1 of each of the rest.

I prefer to use BBTS over any other store for American released items, although for Marvel Universe I have found a cheaper source and if Amazon will ship direct then they are also cheaper. Japanese released items are cheaper to get from RK, HLJ or Amiami.

I have placed about 20 orders myself with BBTS and have had no problems with them. Their service is great and will send out a replacement part no wuestions asked. When i got one of the non insecticons a part was broken, i emailed them and the replacement part was posted out free charge. I got the part five days later.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    I prefer to use BBTS over any other store for American released items, although for Marvel Universe I have found a cheaper source and if Amazon will ship direct then they are also cheaper. Japanese released items are cheaper to get from RK, HLJ or Amiami.
    Agreed, especially when buying cases of figures. Usually significantly cheaper even after postage than what you could buy at somewhere like RK. The pile of loot system helps add to that.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Really annoyed. BBTS lost a crucial combiner piece I ordered.

Placed my first order with BBTS in April and kept it under my Pile of Loot, last week I decided to ship it, only for them to notify me that they've lost one item out of a 3-pack I bought: Movie 1 Unreleased Target Exclusives Reverb, Gunbarrel and Backtrack. They lost Reverb.

NB: Reverb and Gunbarrel are repaints of Energon Bruticus parts Vortex and Brawl. Together with the FP Warcry & Flameblast, and FP Bruticus combiner parts, you can make the awesome FP Battle Gaia.

Been doing several POL's with BBTS for the last few years. For the most part I have found them good but have had the following issues:

2011/12/13 - multiple delays on various items, often by a few months (they say they it is expected in April and it wont show up until July, often long after the items have shown up at retail).

2012 - Had sent my 'Alternators Skids' to the wrong person so lost if for me.

2013 - Had my Gaia Unicron in my POL for four months, then when it came to shipping they said they were 'Out of Stock'

2013 - Delays with shipping due to them 'getting multiple items in' and having a rush on people wanting their POL's

My only other issue is that they sometimes charge more for items than other companies (I could have gotten AM Ratbat & Wildrider cheaper with Robot Kingdom) but their POL usually makes up for this.

Overall they are the main online company I use, and their service is usually good, but they are far from perfect. I'd give them a 3.5/5

2013 - Delays with shipping due to them 'getting multiple items in' and having a rush on people wanting their POL's
    I don't know what's up with them lately but this^ is the reason I'm getting as well. Been buying from them for a few years and when you pay for the items, they get sent to the warehouse and it used to be just 1 day before it was shipped. Now it's taking a week to ship from the 'warehouse' stage.
    But after my last complaint to them, they have marked my latest order as 'shipped' when it is NOT. They marked it as shipped on the 2/9 and the tracking number has been invalid for 10 days until yesterday 13/9 with 'item lodged'.
    So basically, its now taking approx 3 weeks to get my stuff compared to the old days of just 1 week.

Megatran Guest

Received an email from BBTS Customer Service yesterday. The item that I really wanted is out of stock for Standard Grade ... only substandard grade is now available. This was not mentioned when I placed the order. The thing that bugged me was that the email stated there is NO price difference between Standard & Sub-standard grades. So I had to either cough up full price for a sub-standard product or remove it from my order. Problem is, my order was based around this item, with another item to justify high shipping cost. I've asked to cancel my whole order. See how it goes. Had allowed enough to get it by Xmas, but now have to look elsewhere and probably missed the boat for Xmas.

The good: good communication. BBTS was nice enough to inform me that they had run out of Standard Grade product.

The bad: You'd think a business that prides itself on being able to grade items can differentiate the price of std vs sub-std product. After all, they add a price premium for Collector Grade.

The Ugly: Issues in the past have been the higher quoted shipping weight compared to actual for large PoL. I.e. overestimating shipping weight. In the range of 3 - 4 lbs, which equates to $12 - 16 for UPS shipping method ($4 per lb). Really should refund the customer in these instances, rather than pocketing the extra money.

I've had "substandard" from them before it's usually just box damage.
    there was one time I had an item that must have had adhesive spill on it in the factory and it couldnt''t be transformed. they gave me store credit for that.

It's possible your item was standard and something happened to damage the box. I hope you get a satisfactory resolution.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)