Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: TAS Transformers Sightings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    Thought I'd chime in to say that Tassie's been keeping up with the rest of the country (within 2 - 3 days) as far as toy releases go.

Today saw Devastator show up at Toyworld for $200. Ouch.
    Hay i noticed Devastator is missing a dude? Are they planning on releasing a seperate toy later with the intention of a secret config. for the Devastator toy ?

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    Hay i noticed Devastator is missing a dude? Are they planning on releasing a seperate toy later with the intention of a secret config. for the Devastator toy ?
    No, that's it. The Legends version has the full seven (Overload is missing from the big one), although as many people have pointed out in other forums, movie Devs is actually made up of more than seven guys.

I'm hoping the Legends Devastator gets a local release - it's apparently getting an exclusive run at Target or Toys R Us or something in the US next year sometime, so hopefully that'll filter down to Oz in some fashion. I picked up the big version today, and am really quite happy with it despite the lack of bot modes.

question to the rest of the tassie guys.

do any of you collect G1 as well as the new stuff

Nope, not really, sorry. I'd pick up the odd iconic character if they showed up locally more often - Birchalls had a couple of 'Encores' at one point, but nothing since.

Sighted the Movie Seekers Skywarp and Ramjet at Myer, Hobart. And Target HAD 2 Arcees (the first I have found at retail).
    Nothing else really new to report down here (went to a Target, Toyworld and Myer - a lotta 'old' stuff still warming shelves), but should be checking out a BigW and Kmart tomorrow.

Day 2 of 2 in TAS, and after checking 2 BigW's, 2 Kmarts and a Target, I found nothing much of interest (nothing I wanted either). There was a fair bit of current stock to be found though, so it wouldn't be so bad for fans living in Hobart.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Day 2 of 2 in TAS, and after checking 2 BigW's, 2 Kmarts and a Target, I found nothing much of interest (nothing I wanted either). There was a fair bit of current stock to be found though, so it wouldn't be so bad for fans living in Hobart.
    There's nothing to complain about at all in the North - we occassionally get bits and pieces in before the rest of the country, believe it or not.

My Alternator Decepticharge came from Devenport Kmart, strangely. They had an Alternator Ravage there at the time too - not sure how widespread those releases were nationally.

Popped into Hobart for a few days, managed to grab a Bludgeon from Big W Glenorchy. They only had one of Bludgeon and Recon Ironhide at the Glenorchy and Eastlands stores, plus several Mindwipes and Defender Optimus Primes.

Target at Glenorchy and in the central city was the typical selection of dreggs that they're becoming renowned for these days...a few scout ROTF figures, a truck load of Wave 1 Animated (way to strike when the iron's hot, guys). Keychains and crap that no one would want.

Kmart Eastlands was more or less bare, but Kmart New Town was full of good stuff - one of each of nearly every ROTF deluxe from Wave 2 onwards. I picked up a Thrust (thought I'd missed him for sure) and Brawn. Heaps of Brawns left, but that was the last Thust.

Still no Bludgeons or Recon Ironhides in the North (Burnie/Devonport), but Collector's Home Entertainment Superstore in Burnie did have a complete Beast Wars DVD set and all of the Japan G1 (Headmasters, Victory, Masterforce) DVD series. I didn't get prices for them, sorry.
    Will check out Launceston later this week, hopefully the Target there has some of the new Voyagers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Still no Bludgeons or Recon Ironhides in the North (Burnie/Devonport), but Collector's Home Entertainment Superstore in Burnie did have a complete Beast Wars DVD set and all of the Japan G1 (Headmasters, Victory, Masterforce) DVD series. I didn't get prices for them, sorry.
    Will check out Launceston later this week, hopefully the Target there has some of the new Voyagers.
    Yes, Target Launceston has the new Voyagers - only one of each last time I looked though.