Page 391 of 467 FirstFirst ... 371381386387388389390391392393394395396401411 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,910 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Haha too right. I bought the PC version, but found out our PCs were too crap to run the game. So had to buy on PS4. It's still a great game, definitely better than Doom3
    My ‘08 Mac (with an aftermarket GTX 960) ran it pretty well at 2560x1080 - very well optimised game compared to some out there.

I’ve actually just re-downloaded it over what feels like a week my my sh*tty by connection - let’s see how the new Ryzen machine handles it...

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    My ‘08 Mac (with an aftermarket GTX 960) ran it pretty well at 2560x1080 - very well optimised game compared to some out there.

I’ve actually just re-downloaded it over what feels like a week my my sh*tty by connection - let’s see how the new Ryzen machine handles it...
    I couldn't get it to run properly. I gave up. Missus has a new computer that would be able to run it though. I got good on console anyway

Crappy internet connection bugs me too

Man. I thought my internet was slow when it took 30 minutes to download 14gb the other night. Feel sorry for you guys.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Man. I thought my internet was slow when it took 30 minutes to download 14gb the other night. Feel sorry for you guys.
    That would take me three days.

I’m not sure if it’s due to cabling or distance to the exchange, I’m going to look at the wiring with my time off this week, see if I can get something sorted there, and maybe give my ISP a call.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I couldn't get it to run properly. I gave up. Missus has a new computer that would be able to run it though. I got good on console anyway

Crappy internet connection bugs me too
    not sure if it’s applicable but I had an issue with the Alan Wake games where I’d load them up and get maybe 1-2 frames every couple of seconds before even reaching the menu - a fresh reinstall of a windows fixed that easily enough.

I looked a little into a couple of the characters from Shadow of War because they sounded familiar. Looks like WB took real LOTR characters like Idril and Castamir and gave them a complete new story. I have no idea how WB figures this is what happened between the Hobbit and LOTR movies.

I guess LOTR is now a multiverse???

I know some LOTR lore nerds that will be even more upset about this game than the first.

Wait till you hear about who they turned into ringwraiths... the "kings of men" who were terrorising the lands north of the hobbits thousands of years before the events of the hobbit...

I actually don't mind the Shelton idea of transforming but her new form isn't really suitable to her single mindedness in the books.

All just silly fun that we really shouldn't take any notice of outside the game!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Wait till you hear about who they turned into ringwraiths... the "kings of men" who were terrorising the lands north of the hobbits thousands of years before the events of the hobbit...
    Haven’t played the game yet, but are you saying that last part of your statement is what they’ve done, or have they strayed from the original narrative there?

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Haven’t played the game yet, but are you saying that last part of your statement is what they’ve done, or have they strayed from the original narrative there?
    They've changed the ringwraiths from generic human kings from the second age to some fairly big and well known names from the third age, that could not possibly be correct in any timeline.

Some died/were turned only hundreds of years before the Hobbit (or even closer) while the nine ringwraiths were terrorising the lands of Arnor and Middle Earth in general for thousands of years prior!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Ah
    Good thing this game’s story isn’t canon then

Sounds like they are really taking creative control of the Tolkienverse. And people complained about what Jackson did...