Page 293 of 467 FirstFirst ... 273283288289290291292293294295296297298303313 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Does PS4 require you to have a PSPlus account to play any game online? Thinking of making the jump, but don't really wanna subscribe for something I'll rarely use. I have my PSN account, which is fine for cruising the (crappy interface) shop, so would be happy if I could continue with that path.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Does PS4 require you to have a PSPlus account to play any game online? Thinking of making the jump, but don't really wanna subscribe for something I'll rarely use. I have my PSN account, which is fine for cruising the (crappy interface) shop, so would be happy if I could continue with that path.
    In short, yes. That is, you can't play any game multiplayer online without it.

What Daptodog said. You can play without it, but can't play multiplayer online without it

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    In short, yes. That is, you can't play any game multiplayer online without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    What Daptodog said. You can play without it, but can't play multiplayer online without it

Thanks guys

Is anyone else ticked that Sony is charging for PS2 backwards compatibility? I really wish it worked like the Xbox One's 360 backwards compatibility where you just take the disk you already own, put it in the console and it downloads the backwards compatible version. If Microsoft isn't charging for backwards compatibility I don't see why Sony should.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Is anyone else ticked that Sony is charging for PS2 backwards compatibility? I really wish it worked like the Xbox One's 360 backwards compatibility where you just take the disk you already own, put it in the console and it downloads the backwards compatible version. If Microsoft isn't charging for backwards compatibility I don't see why Sony should.
    Is that for PS4? Sony used to have some "PS2 classics" on the store where you could by the download (prices varied), and I thought I had some credit, so thought I'd use it up, but they appear to have all gone.

I heard the PS4 has some kind of rental rubbish for ps2 games? That would suck for me as I take forever to finish a game. As much as a pain as it is to have all these consoles hanging around, I would rather just play on a PS2...

Yeah so just like Microsoft made an Xbox 360 emulator for Xbox One that they can put almost any 360 disk image into and it will run the game, Sony made a PS2 emulator for PS4 that they put a PS2 disk image into and it runs on PS4.

Where as Microsoft is making their's available free and the only restriction on what games are playable is licencing (so far they have 104 games licensed) Sony is selling PS2 games in the PSN Store for $22.95 each and they released 8 games this morning. Since it's just emulation like Microsoft is doing I really feel I should be able to take my GTA III disk, put it in my PS4 and have it play the game just like a 360 game on Xbox One.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Yeah so just like Microsoft made an Xbox 360 emulator for Xbox One that they can put almost any 360 disk image into and it will run the game, Sony made a PS2 emulator for PS4 that they put a PS2 disk image into and it runs on PS4.

Where as Microsoft is making their's available free and the only restriction on what games are playable is licencing (so far they have 104 games licensed) Sony is selling PS2 games in the PSN Store for $22.95 each and they released 8 games this morning. Since it's just emulation like Microsoft is doing I really feel I should be able to take my GTA III disk, put it in my PS4 and have it play the game just like a 360 game on Xbox One.
    I still have my PS2...
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    I still have my PS2...
    Same, but it's not like it will keep working forever. Also it's far more convenient to turn on my PS4 than get my PS2 out of the cupboard, hook it up, and then turn it on.

Good to see that the ps2 games on ps4 is at least re-rendered in a higher resolution and have more stable framerates, basically the same as n64 on Wii U. Trophies are nice if you're into that thing.

Price is harsh though sitting at $23 for Dark Cloud. But that runs perfect on PC anyway so I'll stick the that. Plus I don't have a PS4, but it's something in the plus column.

They really should have offered a discount if you own any of the same classics on ps3