Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holden Camaro - Bumblebee to come to Australia?

I meant I would buy the real thing. I saw those models at Chadstone a while back but never checked the prices.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Honestly, I can't see the appeal of cars like this Camaro, current Muzzie etc. when it comes to droolworthy pieces of automotive machinery. I only read (& subscribe to) one magazine - Street Machine. Classic older muscle machines leave today's stuff dead in the water. Today's cars don't even come close in the coolness stakes to yesterday's examples of automotive car craft. I've been to more Summernats than I can recall & I've lurved every second of them. Classic body styles, lashings of chrome, fully-tubbed rear ends & sky-high mountains of metal! Drool...

Call me a bogan, a rev head, a neanderthal - whatever. In my opinion, todays' cars couldn't hold a candle to yesterday's modified examples of muscle when given the magic touch.

Ha ha Pulse, that is true. Sadly, I don't have the time or patience for the magic touch anymore! Also, warranty comes in handy for the same reasons! My dad now has a '71 Mustang and it still has pride of place in our family, despite some of our more modern, fancy cars.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Tiby View Post
    Ha ha Pulse, that is true. Sadly, I don't have the time or patience for the magic touch anymore! Also, warranty comes in handy for the same reasons! My dad now has a '71 Mustang and it still has pride of place in our family, despite some of our more modern, fancy cars.
    You haven't seen our family's garage of project cars. My bro used to own an Ochre Yellow XY Falcon with a 351 Clevo (which has since been written off by the new owner), he currently owns a silver & black XE ESP powered by another 351 Clevo & I'm looking at purchasing a 1980 Chevy Camaro Z28 which will ultimately become my dream project car (I'm budgeting around about 100K to see it built the way in which I've envionsed it). Now, who's got the bigger petrolhead family?

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    Call me a bogan, a rev head, a neanderthal - whatever. In my opinion, todays' cars couldn't hold a candle to yesterday's modified examples of muscle when given the magic touch.
    I will then.

Today's muscle/super cars do indeed crap all over the old carby stuff. Give me efi any day. And give me the finest factory built v8, the toyota 1uz. Good for ~600+ kw stock bottom end.

Ok, I can and do appreciate a well restored/modded older car, and the originals such as the corvette (g1 tracks), that current day even hotter cars are styled after (c06 vette), no doubts there, but are definitly not to my ownership tastes. I personally am zero % interested in owning anything pre 1990.

And normally I don't really like nissan, but the gtr is an exception. It reminds me of what japanese styling is all about, and has abandoned the current euro trend. I love that thing for that. And the fact it's bleeding quick, and relatively cheap.

And yes, I hate modern eurotrash and "euro styling" with a passion. Especially wanker driving/fog lights on cars. But also in the process of making something "euro styled", it becomes dead shite boring and uninspired. Sadly that's the way Subaru is going too.
    ________
    Jeep cherokee (xj)
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 08:09 AM.

Woah! This would be pretty awesome to see on the streets! I would so get one if I had the money. *nod* [Though I wouldn't mind a TF:A Bumblebee right now. It would be cheaper and easier to park XD. I just can't find the right car for it. So many smart cars to choose from >_<]

OK i have a mate that used to work at Holden, he still has friends there. They were in shock and disgust at the mention of this so it was news to them..........

http://jalopnik.com/377283/2010-chev...g-at-the-wheel
    http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/3907

And from a good source to me:

"Its a VE commodore with a different top. We (as in Australia) helped develop it and yes it has been posted before. Test mules have been photographed in AU for 2 years. Engines will be LS3 (in a possible HSV version) and L98 V8's with a new V6 with direct port injection being tossed about. Suspension is the same as a VE as are the gearboxes. "
    At least it follows a design that isn't blind freddy with an excess of plastic mouldings like the 'whore is.

So you might want to tell your mates to take a break from selling daewoos and have a look around.
    ________
    Subaru Ea Engine

goro is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

urm.. has anyone seen the latest wheels.. monaro is back (albeit a 2 door commonwhore (oops i mean commmodore) again!

Meh, it made a comeback a few years ago as just a two door 'whore before they put the hsv badge back on.
    ________
    MARIJUANA