View Poll Results: What gender is (are) your child(ren)?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boy(s)

15 40.54%
  • Girl(s)

6 16.22%
  • Both (even)

10 27.03%
  • More boys

3 8.11%
  • More girls

3 8.11%
Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162131 ... LastLast

Thread: The Parenting Thread

When I was in school I never saw that childbirth video. They always showed it when I was away. But I would always remember the next day all the other kids would be freaked out and all the girls were saying that they never want to have babies. I now know why they felt that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Also bottle fed baby poop stinks ALOT worse then breast fed baby poop

I wonder how many possible future fathers we are discouraging with our discussion
    yeah i couldn't remember what it smell like with Tim & Marcus got to drink breast-milk for 20 months, then hop straight to luke-warm fresh milk. Before the fresh milk, marcus hated the formula & rejected it.

i believe "Elevit" tablets help with the breast-milk production& the growth, so much so that mrs saintly is always expressing & putting it into milk bags then put them into the cold freezer.

if you need to feed the milk, always use the bottle warmer & not the microwave.

Quote Originally Posted by shokwave2
    Also, if you start giving your little one formula, for the love of God don't taste-test it. I would rather drink puddle water in a back alley of a XXX theatre than drink baby formula. But i guess it's full of goodness so it musn't be that bad. Luckily their taste buds haven't fully developed yet other wise they'd be spitting it back in your face.
    I test-tasted some formula milk, wasn't that bad. Wasn't that good either. What I find worse is baby food. I was doing my post-grad study at uni when my wisdom teeth came out, so being unable to eat any solids I subsisted on baby food. Weird, I remember loving Heinz baby food when I was an infant, but when I had it again as an adult it was FOUL. I had to douse it with salt just to make it palatable! At first I thought that Heinz must've changed their recipe in some majorly horrid way, but after thinking about it I realised that it's more likely because my taste buds have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Saintly
    if you need to feed the milk, always use the bottle warmer & not the microwave.
    Yeah, I'm avert to using the microwave with anything to do with the baby. I bought a steam-steriliser instead of a microwave one which would've been a lot cheaper. We usually use either the bottle warmer (which I find is really slow) or pouring hot water over the bottle. We seldomly use bottles anyway - at this stage Yuki is primarily feeding straight from the breast.

You guys tried Farax? Ugh. Had a swig of farax mixed with Nesquick that was intended for a kid, wrong mug at the wrong time, bloody hell...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The novelty of nappy-changing is starting to wear out on me now and is beginning to feel like a chore. What can I do to bring back the romance to nappy changing?
    Start doing EXTREME nappy changing
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I test-tasted some formula milk, wasn't that bad. Wasn't that good either. What I find worse is baby food.
    I used to love the taste of the choc custard and banana custard baby foods. My wife would have to buy double the amount of cans just so me or the baby wouldn't miss out at meal time. I think i even took some to work oneday to have as an after dinner suprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix
    Start doing EXTREME nappy changing
    lol!

Okay I just gotta throw in a recommendation for those who might actually like to introduce something other than TF's to their kids.

Yeah yeah, i'm a heathen, deal with it.

Balsa Wood Airplanes.

Got one from the hobby shop for $4. Nephew and I have had heaps of fun with it, but it is balsa wood so it eventually succumbed to the repeated crash landings.

But for $4 they're cheap and great fun, and you get to teach them how the winds work and everything.

No need for heresy - you can combine both passions with Masterpiece Jetfire!

pfffffft! That's far too elaborate! It has wheels!

99% of the fun with balsa wood planes is smashing them into things to break them!

The other 1% is trying to get them to smash into the back of my sister's head so my nephew can really laugh at his mother.