Thread: Chevrolet Camaro for Australia

Default Chevrolet Camaro for Australia

Hey Guys,

Not everyone is a fan of Bumblebee's alternate mode transition from Volkswagen Beetle to Chevrolet Camaro but for those that are fans (like myself) have been hoping for this day.

Though rumoured for sometime Holden have officially confirmed today that HSV will be post converting left hook Chevrolet Camaros from the US to right hook to accommodate local purchase.

Currently plans are only to offer the 2SS which is fitted with a 6.2L NA V8 with choice of 8 spd auto or 6 spd manual, but honestly if you are considering a Camaro are you going to get anything else?

Anyway details here if you want to read more;

https://www.goauto.com.au/future-mod...-08/68032.html

Provided pricing comes in reasonable considering the additional overheads there will be on its import cost I'll be putting in my order as soon as available.

So we have Mustangs on the Ford side and now Camaros on the Holden side. I hope this doesn't mean the end of Falcons vs Commodores in the Supercars championship.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    So we have Mustangs on the Ford side and now Camaros on the Holden side. I hope this doesn't mean the end of Falcons vs Commodores in the Supercars championship.
    Sorry to the bearer of bad news mate but that too is also already confirmed. In fact that V8 Supercars is on pretty shakey ground at the mo considering so many manufacturers have pulled out. That's why we are starting to see the likes of Super Stadium Trucks popping up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbleb33 View Post
    Sorry to the bearer of bad news mate but that too is also already confirmed. In fact that V8 Supercars is on pretty shakey ground at the mo considering so many manufacturers have pulled out. That's why we are starting to see the likes of Super Stadium Trucks popping up.
    2018 is still Falcons vs Commodores with a few Nissans thrown in and anything after that is still unconfirmed. They have tested Mustangs and were looking to use them in 2018 but nothing came from it. I'd hardly call Mercedes pulling out "so many manufactures", frankly if it's not Formula E or Formula 1 Mercedes is not interested in competing in it.

Aftermarket RHD conversions for the Camaro have been available for a while now, but it's good that they'll now be available officially.

Does this mean that next year, we'll start seeing Camaros in acquisition threads?

Not surprising news but great to hear. Oh man I’d love a Camaro done up like Bee.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Not surprising news but great to hear. Oh man I’d love a Camaro done up like Bee.
    Well don't worry mate, if its delivery price is within my budget you guys will be seeing a build thread in the not too distant future.

So my wife and I got together in 2007 and her "other" love was the Bee Camaro. I researched the $h!p out of this and they were supposed to be released here in Oz early on, around 2010 IIRC but it never happened.
    Now looking at the massive demand from the Mustang, GM made a very big mistake here; although in hindsight they probably didn't want to crap on the HSV Commode market (yeah commode) so they didn't give it a crack.
    Now its essentially getting the import conversion treatment by HSV, this is also something we looked at about five years ago, so the 2010 Camaro was going for well under $30K AUD in the US then. For it to get properly converted by an Oz accredited company it would be sent to the Philippines and then to Oz and it would cost a sweet $90K!!

I hope HSV can come up with something better or else Oz will become Mustang heaven.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)