Page 87 of 154 FirstFirst ... 6777828384858687888990919297107 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego Acquisitions

Where'd you layby, and how much?

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Where'd you layby, and how much?
    From a specialty shop in Adelaide that imports stuff for 300...

was finally able to order a set of minecrat lego $49 shipped from the jinx store. i been waiting for ages to snag a set

I bought my yearly lego set today, not sure if this counts for 2012 or 2013, because I didn't buy a lego set last year (only random mini figures).

Anyway I got one of those Chima small raven flyer thingy, because I was reminded of Badbird from Pizza Cats.

You know I kinda like it, reminds me of Battle Beast or Thundercats, and has very interesting colour usage too.

Tempted to break my one lego rule.

It does look like Badbird!

The whole Chima line seems really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    It does look like Badbird!

The whole Chima line seems really cool.
    i also picked up the Razcal set to see what the CHIMA stuff is like, and it is not bad, some playability to it other then build and construct, and the minifigures seem cool, birds crocs lions wolves....

the large croc boat looks good aswell...

may need to pick a few more up
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    i also picked up the Razcal set to see what the CHIMA stuff is like, and it is not bad, some playability to it other then build and construct, and the minifigures seem cool, birds crocs lions wolves....

the large croc boat looks good aswell...

may need to pick a few more up
    Something about the Croc Boat reminds me of the Cobra moray Hydrofoil, I think it's the dual cockpits and opening hatch on the prow, dunno.

I'm not really a Lego collector but the Lego IP sets sure seem a lot better value than the licensed stuff, I love the idea of the LOTR and Hobbit Lego but most of them just looked like cool mini figures packaged with a boring set piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Something about the Croc Boat reminds me of the Cobra moray Hydrofoil, I think it's the dual cockpits and opening hatch on the prow, dunno.

I'm not really a Lego collector but the Lego IP sets sure seem a lot better value than the licensed stuff, I love the idea of the LOTR and Hobbit Lego but most of them just looked like cool mini figures packaged with a boring set piece.
    i dunno dude helms deep is pretty decent

Picked up the small raven and Croc sets from the Chima range. Both were cheaper than the ripcord roller base sets that I think are meant to be the meat of the series.

The raven set is great value for money, the minifig does look like badbird, but I loved the playability of it, after the fun build. The croc cart sure is a strange thing to behold, but surprisingly menacing and interactive.

If the other sets are as good as these, I'll be getting a few more, the Croc boat is something I really like the look of, but the price is a bit much for now, hopefully it'll end up reduced like the larger ninjago sets... One can hope.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

LotR Orc Forge arrived today. Not sure what shop it is an exclusive of here (TFR maybe?) but I got it off ebay for about $60 shipped, and I am not sure that it as worth it.

The light brick and minifigures are, as always very nice and cool, and the gimmick is fun, but there is not $60 worth of build in this set, it took me less than 45 minutes yo build as I took my time and laminated stuff or work as well. Its a little weak on the sides due to the small shaped base plates only being held on with a brick or two, so it feels rather flimsy, something I have not experienced with Lego for a long time.

The White hand of Saruman shields and helmets are awesome, they should have been included in the Helms Deep set as well.

If you see it for around $45, grab it, otherwise only if you need orcs!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)