Page 416 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 396406411412413414415416417418419420421426436 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,160 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    So is that to say that US #43, whilst not Reprinted by Titan with the US run, is Reprinted by Titan in the UK run but only as a story telling of Wreck-Gar (Being that is how the UK treated US #43)?
    The UK Titan reprint provides only a two page summary of US #43. IDW may have reprinted it in full but I don't own those.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The UK Titan reprint provides only a two page summary of US #43. IDW may have reprinted it in full but I don't own those.
    Ah ok, well that sounds fair enough to me as it doesn't seem like one would be missing out on anything imperative - Again, thanks for the clarification Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    ...thanks for the tip about the IDW adaptation too, I'll definitely have to grab that TPB as no doubt the artwork would be far superior to the Marvel, even though I've seen the '86 Movie a bajillion times.
    If you ever find that IDW TPB for the '86 Movie adaptation, can you grab a copy for me as well? Have been trying to find it everywhere without success.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Marvel adapted the '86 movie into a three part limited series. It was reprinted in the UK in a one off special, but it hasn't been printed again. It was left out of the Titan collections but you've seen the movie so you know what happens. (IDW's adaptation should be available in TPB).

The UK comics take the movie as future canon. The majority of the UK exclusive stories from #78 to #205 are tied into the movie in some way. Since the US stories weren't featuring the movie cast at all, Simon Furman could do whatever he wanted with them.

Both US and UK comics ignore the rest of the cartoon almost entirely (but with a few minor exceptions). The Titan collections also didn't reprint US #43, the quite random adaptation of a post movie cartoon episode ("Big Broadcast of 2006"), but I don't know if the IDW one did or not.

Paulbot are you a encyclopedia of TF comics...I've been wondering if there's an episode/issue featuring the first appearance of Ultra Magnus and maybe somehow explains why he's a white OP cab? Can you help me on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
    Paulbot are you a encyclopedia of TF comics...I've been wondering if there's an episode/issue featuring the first appearance of Ultra Magnus and maybe somehow explains why he's a white OP cab? Can you help me on that?
    When I originally got involved in this community it was because I was more of a TF comics collector than a TF toy collector (But then I started using eBay and it balanced out )

The only thing that comes to mind is Dreamwave's Generation One Volume Two "War and Peace". That was the first time in Western fiction that Ultra Magnus was shown as a White version of Prime without the armour.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
    I've been wondering if there's an episode/issue featuring the first appearance of Ultra Magnus and maybe somehow explains why he's a white OP cab? Can you help me on that?
    I think it was in #6 of Dreamwave's second G1 series that Ultra Magnus and Optimus Prime were 'revealed' to be 'identical' brothers but that Magnus wore armour.

Hey guys, I'm curious to know what would be better getting, if I only had one option.

Get Classics Rodimus + Fansproject Protector Upgrade Kit or Get All Three Fansproject Insecticons?

Quote Originally Posted by blackoptimus View Post
    Hey guys, I'm curious to know what would be better getting, if I only had one option.

Get Classics Rodimus + Fansproject Protector Upgrade Kit or Get All Three Fansproject Insecticons?
    Personally, if I had only the 1 option?; I'd go with the 3 Insecticons because I feel that, combined, they are much better value for money compared to what is essentially a parts-forming car and trailer, albeit a damn awesome one.

I hope that helps dude.

Received my Jetfire today but don't understand why he's got a rank of 10????

I thought Rank 10 is exclusively Prime ranking.

The stats would be from the original Jetfire, which also had a rank of 10. In Gen1 before Actionmasters there were a few Autobots with a rank of 10, but Megatron was the only Decepticon with a rank of 10.
    I guess Optimus was more of a sharer than Megatron.

Quote Originally Posted by blackoptimus View Post

well, are you going to get the masterpiece rodimus?
    if so and cash is tight perhaps then choose the insecticons. though there is nothing to say that HasTak won't be releasing a set of insecticons in the coming years as a part of the Classics/universe etc line.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)