Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: MP-11SW Skywarp

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

To be frank, I am surprised they have not gone full blown and still taking their time on seekers. I mean, some of us are sick of this. Hey look, a new decepticon, well not really is just a repaint of mp11

Meanwhile the other coneheads are like not bothered, and is just shame on the decepticon side that there isn't anything to really go for.

Sure, I do get the don't release too much at one go. But its the same thing every year. This year Hasbro Starscream mp11, with any luck "hey look Thundercracker in mp11 from TT.

Sigh.....has it became that predictable that is not even fun to wait for them.

Hence, I be calling quits once I have obtained all my cars. There may be a Masterpiece Jet fire or something different but is highly an autobot.

So in my quest to find this guy I stumbled upon a rather dubious looking site named kotoys.net that claims to have Skywarp in stock here:

http://www.kotoys.net/takara-transfo...rp-p-7129.html

Communication was surprisingly good, I had 8 emails back and forth with him over the weekend. He made it clear the boxes had some defects but it was not a KO. However since I am fussy on the box condition I requested photos of his best box available but he wouldn't send any. That combined with the fact that on the webpage it says the site is Paypal approved yet they only accept credit card as payment and not Paypal made this all too risky for me to go ahead. Heck, I can't even seem to buy Skywarp on its own, but it seemed to work if I added another item to the cart.

I did some digging on user reviews of the site. I couldn't find anything on this site but there were some threads on TFW that were quite scathing of an old site named kotoys.com which was later shut down. It's highly likely this is a reincarnated version of that site (since the logo says "we are back".

If anyone has a higher risk appetite than me and wants to give it a shot then I'd be interested to hear back how it went. But I think there is a good chance of something going wrong with the transaction and then you would have to try doing a credit card chargeback. I'm not that desperate to want to go through all that.

Guaranteed a scam. If the larger retailers cannot get a hold of Skywarp and given their rarer than hen's teeth listing on ebay, there's no way some random schmuck can casually sell these on their site. All the stuff you've mentioned (especially about Paypal - my safety net) further makes this guy suss.

I'll continue to live in hope that TT will reissue.

Considering that the website sells KO (hence the name) I wouldn't trust it tbh

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Considering that the website sells KO (hence the name) I wouldn't trust it tbh
    Going to say that should have some alarm bells.

What is a good price for MP11SW these days?
    Spiderken Away!

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    For a redeco of the MP-11 mold with minimal accessories, the item was already over-priced on release at around $US200.

Thanks to rarity, Skywarp is being sold on ebay for around $US600. The closer you can get to the original RRP, the better. But it won't happen.

Shameless plug: I'm giving away my MP6 Skywarp (and MP7 Thundercracker)'s boxes away for FREE. These boxes will be destroyed if unclaimed by Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    i don't think there is a 'good' price!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    For a redeco of the MP-11 mold with minimal accessories, the item was already over-priced on release at around $US200.

Thanks to rarity, Skywarp is being sold on ebay for around $US600. The closer you can get to the original RRP, the better. But it won't happen.
    Nowadays, the MP-11 mold model comes with less accessories. the MP-11T was released with only the pilot.. not even with the megatron gun.. I am yet to get MP-11NR but I think the only accessories would be the pilot..