Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus /w Minimus Ambus

Any scale pics of Magnus?
    Spiderken Away!

This is a really weird one for me. The bot mode looks fantastic, and the transformation seems impressive, but I absolutely detest the aesthetics of that front cab.

Quote Originally Posted by nofacej View Post
    This is a really weird one for me. The bot mode looks fantastic, and the transformation seems impressive, but I absolutely detest the aesthetics of that front cab.
    Not HasTak's fault though, this toy is based on/inspired by IDW Ultra Magnus and the cab design is fairly accurate to that. As a fan of IDW Ultra Magnus, I'm very much looking forward to this toy. If you want something more G1 accurate, then I'd say MP22 is more your Cube of Energon.

I really like the look of this guy. It's like that took the MP version, injected a crapload of sex appeal and sold it back to us for (presumably) 1/3 of the price!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    From a distance (or from a shrunken thumbnail), the cab reminds me of the first Classics Optimus Voyager toy from 2006.

(I don't even know what IDW Magnus looks like in truck mode to know how accurate this toys is.)
    I have no idea of IDW as well but my first impression is the same that it looks like Classics Optimus

Well im really way too far from here my last IDW/Generations figures are Thundercracker & Hoist

I'd have to agree the cab is the weakest looking part of this toy, Inspired by IDW maybe but they've made big changes and not for necessarily for the better.

I love that Minimus Ambus fits in the chest though that is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Not HasTak's fault though, this toy is based on/inspired by IDW Ultra Magnus and the cab design is fairly accurate to that. As a fan of IDW Ultra Magnus, I'm very much looking forward to this toy. If you want something more G1 accurate, then I'd say MP22 is more your Cube of Energon.
    Based on yes, but HasTak have taken the angular lines of the IDW version and given it an odd curved look with tiny windows, the end result is that it looks a bit cutesy. So yes I blame HasTak for those aesthetics. That said my issues with the cab aside this is still the most impressive toy Hasbro showed this weekend.

I dunno guys, I think Magnus' cab looks friggin' cool! - Admittedly I'm not familiar with his look in IDW but I'm totally sold on that Prime Mover.

Because it's IDW version of Magnus I'm very interested. Would have loved it was same height as MP-10 tho as would have looked bitchin on collector shelf

For someone like me that passed on MP Magnus (mostly due to cost) this is a more than able substitute for a third of the price
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Finally a IDW Ultra Magnus. Hope to see the Takara Tomy version soon.
    all we need now is a verity holo avatar
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy