Series - Masterpiece
Sub-line - none
Size/class - N/A
New/remould/redeco - new
Wave - MP-39
Released here - No (released in Japan December 2017)
Approximate Retail Price - 12000yen (about AU$140)
Approximate Size - 16cm
Allegiance - Autobot
Alt-mode - Lamborghini Countach
Main Features/Gimmicks - car can transform between standard and modified "tuning" Lamborghini, hidden gun in rear of car, weapon stowage
Main Colours - cadmium yellow with black highlights
Main Accessories - rifle, laser pistol, alien mask, Chip Chase, wheelchair, wing mirrors, interchangeable robot faces

My MP Sunstreaker hasn't arrived yet, but The Scream Man's has (cos he's not a tightwad like me and paid EMS whereas mine's arriving via SAL ). Note: The Scream Man has modified his MP Sunstreaker with line-markings which are not present on the toy by default. See photos on the official site for images of the unmodified toy.

OVERALL IMPRESSION

As you may have already guessed from images, this is one very fiddly toy to transform. A good part of the rear half of the vehicle basically folds and compacts in to form a backpack for the robot mode, yet the end result is far more elegant and streamlined than MP28 Hot Rod. TakaraTOMY have once again gone for slavish cartoon accuracy, and this toy absolutely delivers on this front. The trade-off is one very complicated transformation, and of course double the price of MP Lambor. A lot of people will undoubtedly compare Sunstreaker with his twin (I know I did) and Sunstreaker does make Lambor look quite bulky and cumbersome in comparison, but Lambor is literally half the price of Sunstreaker. And IMO a toy doesn't have to be super complicated to be good. Ultimately I think that both Lambos are just as good as each other relative to what they're meant to accomplish and their relative prices. The elbow joints and wing mirror joints are among the more tricky parts of the transformation. One really complicated thing is how certain panels flip around, especially the rear top panel which is part of how Sunstreaker switches between being a stock standard and "super tuning" Lamborghini Countach. The roof/chest panel also flips around, and this can be a bit tricky at first. Sunstreaker features an incredible range of articulation.

Chip Chase is a single solid moulded figurine - zero articulation. He's designed to sit in his wheelchair or sit on Sunstreaker's shoulder... and that's more or less it. He just sits. I kinda wish he had knee and waist articulation so that he could stand up from his wheelchair (as he did in the cartoon ). The only minor gripe I would have is the pistol stowage. It clips into a panel that closes on the inside of the lower leg, but when the panel clips shut, the pistol always falls off. Not sure if this is a common issue or just isolated to The Scream Man's figure. But worst case scenario, you'll just have to set the pistol aside in vehicle mode. It's by no means a deal breaker.

Overall, I don't know if it's worth the full $140+ RRP, but probably worth it if you can get it for below RRP (e.g. discounted pre-order prices etc.).

Enough talk - photos!