Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: November Acquisitions.

Today down at Kiama I got me a MP Skywarp (and one for Azrael) and down at Uncle Pete's I got me a MP Starscream (I never got one when they were first out)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    MISB Euro Ironfist was at the post office today (didn't think it was sealed when I bidded on it, which makes me feel a bit guilty for removing another rare-ish sealed toy from circulation when I open it).
    Only four Euro TFs left to collect now.
    ARRRRGHHHHH

I will trade you a loose complete Ironfist + cash for it?

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Picked up Masterpiece Grimlock (+ free accessory pack) and the TRU reissue Insecticons (thanx to Gutsman) and a complete G1 Scourge in very good condition!

What I got this week from the K-Mart and Big sales:
    TF2 Movie Legends - Optimus Prime, Ratchet, Ironhide, Bumblebee, Sideways and The Fallen.
    TF2 Movie Deluxe - Thrust and Ravage.

Im very satisfied with Thrust, he has a really good looking alt mode and his bot mode is very satisfying - much better than the Autobot Breakaway.
    Plus this is my very first Thrust in any form
    Ravage is also very well designed as a figure, even if his transformation is almost non-existent.
    Legends The Fallen has pretty good poseability for his size.
    Also, Legends Jetfire now has someone to merge with!

And now onto my main acquisition - my Birthday present to myself - TF2 Movie Devastator!

I also went to Winston Hills Big W yesterday to look for him, only to find a heap of the 5 pack Cybertron figures. So decided to wait till today, and to my luck found him at the nearby Big W before going to Uni

Simple transformation but very well in scale in bot mode with my newly acquired Legends. The Constructicons are solidly built, even if a little simple.
    Overall I'm very satisfied with Devastator and happy to spend the same amount as a Leader (only just).

Now if only I was in Egypt for a shot of him on the Pyramid of Giza

2nd Thrust

im going to swap wings over if i can

Got BT-20 Argent Meister in the mail today from leigeprime (thanks man =oD)

Although I greatly appreciate leigeprime for the purchase, I think this is the official end of my BT interest (for no reasons related to leige btw =oP). Alternators Smokescreen was the figure that got me started with Transformer collecting as an adult, even more so when I discovered Binaltechs (as I loved the die-cast of my long lost G1's), and yet, my latest 2 BT's (BT-20 & BT-21) seem to have become victim to cost cutting. When I got my batch of BT-01, BT-03, BT-04, BT-08 & BT-10, I loved the die cast panels, the colour manual booklet, the collector card etc. Now, you get the same black and white fold-up instructions like all other figures, no card, and now with BT-20, I discover that the MazdaSpeed bodykit panels that differ from the BT-08 I already own, are molded in plastic! Although this was an unexpected disappointment, I could handle it a little better if they were actually painted decently. Instead, there are quite a few imperfections, and the actual figure quality felt quite 'tackier' compared to the earlier BT's, drawing further attention to cost cuts. Is this what we are to expect now that it's TakaraTomy? Or is it just me...?

Anyhoo, had my rant =oP

Please have a listen to my songs. Feel free to comment if you wish, any constructive feedback is appreciated =o)

Could also possibly be mould degradation too, which happens when the same mould is reused. <shrug>

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon
    TFA Leader Megatron.

I think he is awesome.
    Yup. He's my favourite Animated Leader.

I got HA Bumblebee. Nice figure and the "dull surprise" Sam figure has grown on me. Initially I planed to toss him out with the box.

Only downside: seats on forearms don't fold up

Been spending too much at the moment lol but today I grabbed myself a ROTF Thrust & one of the new Soundwave Tshirts from Jay Jays

Got myself Thrust for big W