Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: November Acquisitions.

Quote Originally Posted by jgon2098 View Post

MOSC euros/classics.
    MOSC Scowl, Slog,
    MISB Calcar
    I think I know the seller you got them from.
    Going to get them graded?

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Putting the Reprolabels on all the Dinobots took the best part of 3 hours, was great fun.
    May have taken 3 hours, but they look smegging fantastic. Wouldnt mind a set of my own now that I see the end result.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    I think I know the seller you got them from.
    Going to get them graded?
    Gonna hold back grading for the euros for awhile.

I don't think i'l ever grade the classics. Simply because finding MISB english boxed ones i.e. cars, dinos is unbelievably difficult, much more so than the USA ones.

Not too sure about the monstructor bots, I already have a graded scowl, I got this one because it was unpunched, but I highly doubt it will come close to the grade of my current one, something will have to give, unpunch vs lower grade. Slog was an epic fail.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    May have taken 3 hours, but they look smegging fantastic. Wouldnt mind a set of my own now that I see the end result.
    Not bad eh! They may be small but they're definitely not lacking any detail. I just added the extra missile launchers for Slag and Snarl in robot mode so they look even cooler now, hehe.

Few things to keep in mind if you decide to buy a set:
    1. Swoop comes packaged in his Pteranodon mode - when transforming him into robot mode, be aware that you will need a small philips head screwdriver to losen the 4 screws in his back before you try to pull his chest outwards (it's initially far too tight and you'll break your nails trying if you don't do this!)

2. Be very, very careful when sliding Grimlocks 'robot' head. I must have used a bit too much force and broke mine clean off! This is not to say the toys aren't well made, overall they are extremely solid and the plastic feels good (there's diecast too!)

3. Grimlock's robot waist stickers are going to get smooshed when you transform him back into his T-Rex mode. Luckily the Justitoys waist stickers are identical to the Repro's so you've got a good backup set but it's a bit annoying seeing as Sludge is similarly designed in this area but doesn't have a problem.

All in all though I highly recommend them, they are worth every brass razoo and with some of them like Swoop and Grimlock you even have the option to go with 'anime accurate' stickers (I decided not to, although I'll prolly get another Grimlock down the track, hehe). Let me know if you want more detailed/varied shots.

hey jgon, I think the dude who runs reprolabels is looking for a good scan of the sticker sheet for Calcar.

This month I've got another MP Megatron, along with Henkei Ratchet and Classics Hound/Ravage and Galvatron!

Man... the staff at Jayjays just keep throwing more freebies at me!

Lucky you Gok, I left my name at one of the Jay Jays as well, and they probably just take it for fun and I wouldn't even get a call to pick it up.

Nice WST Dinotbots DoubleDealer...

Got these few stuff last weekend (with thanks to Bro the delivery man ):

Also picked up Devvy from Kmart layby. Haven't had a chance to play with it yet but apparently there's mix feelings about it...
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel
    Lucky you Gok, I left my name at one of the Jay Jays as well, and they probably just take it for fun and I wouldn't even get a call to pick it up.
    I didn't leave my name nor did I even ask for any of this stuff! The store managers actually hold back this stuff for me because they know I visit their shops a lot! I just walk into Jayjays and the managers are like, "Hey, we got something for you!" A manager at one store told me that they talk about me during their staff meetings, and she's told her staff to hold back any Transformer display stuff for me and that if anyone else asks for them then the answer is automatically no. I _never_ asked them to do any of this, two managers from two different Jayjays just decided to reserve all their Transformer displays for me by default!

Picked up from the post office today, Burning Fallen, JP Beast Era Bazooka (Ankylosaur), and the 3 Titanium 2-packs that were released in America a couple months back (won't be here though) - Rescue Ratchet Vs Blackout, Cliffjumper Vs Dead End, Offroad Ironhide Vs Deep Desert Brawl.

Was bummed that 3 other Movie toys didn't get here before my trip down to Sydney tomorrow (Hoist, Mixmaster & Bludgeon). At least they should be here before the Brisbane meet next weekend. Hopefully.

Pics to come later.