Page 445 of 467 FirstFirst ... 425435440441442443444445446447448449450455465 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,450 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

I'm having so much fun with Mortal Kombat 11. If I was writting a review on it based on gameplay and story it would be a perfect 10. However the massive grind required to unlock cosmetics is just abysmal. Ed Boon says they are going to patch it, but I still think it's going to be a missive tarnish on an amazing game.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    XCOM 2 Iron Man mode.

I've not felt this much stress in a singleplayer game in a long time, but in a great way.
    i got 100% on xcom enemy unknown/within but haven't tried that for xcom 2. after doing the run with no squad size upgrades, it seemed so easy the next time hehe. i dont think i finished war of the chosen pack yet either. need to go back and do that.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    i got 100% on xcom enemy unknown/within but haven't tried that for xcom 2. after doing the run with no squad size upgrades, it seemed so easy the next time hehe. i dont think i finished war of the chosen pack yet either. need to go back and do that.
    I sacked it off halfway through. I had a super squad that steamrolled every mission, and a pretty deep pool of reserves.

I'll give WOTC a go next time it goes on sale. I don't have it yet and I'm not paying $55aud for it.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/5/9/185...-playstation-4

This is great, in theory (I say in theory because there's no gameplay yet).

The studio working on it did the Friday the 13th game which is a similar asymmetric multiplayer setup.

I'll be sad if this is PS4 exclusive.

There was a game with an alien and people had to kill it in a team while another played the alien. And the horror game where a player chases other players before they can escape. So i think this game can work.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    There was a game with an alien and people had to kill it in a team while another played the alien. And the horror game where a player chases other players before they can escape. So i think this game can work.
    Yeah, that game was Evolve. The game was pretty good but the monetisation model meant that much of the content was locked behind expensive season passes.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I'll be sad if this is PS4 exclusive.
    Normally those PlayStation trailers mention if it is an exclusive and that trailer didn't, so I don't think it is a PlayStation exclusive.

So I bought Rage 2 last weekend and have played about 5 hours.

It's fairly enjoyable. Sort of as if Doom and Borderlands made a baby with Far Cry.

My ps4 controller that came with the ps4, the left stick keeps going left. Bought a new controller yippee!!

Now the new controller right stick keeps me looking up.. grrr brand new too. The woman dropped it when she took it out of the glass cabinet not sure if that would have done it as i have dropped my controller heaps on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    My ps4 controller that came with the ps4, the left stick keeps going left. Bought a new controller yippee!!

Now the new controller right stick keeps me looking up.. grrr brand new too. The woman dropped it when she took it out of the glass cabinet not sure if that would have done it as i have dropped my controller heaps on the floor.
    Wouldn't have been the staff member dropping it but rather a manufacturing defect. It happens from time to time on both old and new controllers alike. Just return it for an exchange.

Another quarter, another disastrous return for GameStop (owners of EB Games).

https://venturebeat.com/2019/06/05/g...rice-crumbles/

Their lifeline is to try and hang on until the next generation of consoles launch, because a lot of their revenue comes from hardware sales, through direct purchase and the foot traffic it generates (because you can't download a new console digitally so you have to physically go to the store, unlike games).

They'll die soon. Even leaving aside digital releases, their boxed games are more expensive than JB HiFi/Target/Big W, which is incredibly problematic for them as at least one of those (and sometimes all three) usually exist within the same shopping complex.