Thread: Please MP Educate me.

Default Please MP Educate me.

G'day all. After some advice from some of you kind people, I will probably sell off a lot of my movie lines to start buying more Master pieces. What's the go with them. I have a few true MPs but understand Takara do them also. After some opinions on what people feel is the best value for money as a MIB collector.

A lot of overseas website like BBTS and Transformerland have some of the Seekers and Cars still reasonably priced

Watch out for Knock offs. Takara produced them first it was hasbro that have re released them for the western market.

I like them all so just go nuts

Quote Originally Posted by To Punish & Enslave View Post
    I have a few true MPs but understand Takara do them also.
    I assume you mean "a few Hasbro MPs"? The Takara ones are better investment items IMO than the Hasbro ones as they are seen to be of better quality, but as mentioned above beware of knock off versions.

There's 24 Takara regular release items with three more announced, plus some special releases (typically a recolour - a black Prime, a G1 coloured Starscream, a yellow Sideswipe), and then a set of Hasbro releases.

Additionally some Takara have been released in Australia with translated instructions etc. I would suggest, investment wise, that the original Japanese versions are a better bet than the Australian ones (which over time will be seen as inferior/latter run versions)

Good gallery of all of them here:
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_Transformers:_Masterpiece

Yeah...MPs basically start in Japan, and then - if you're lucky - they get brought over (at hugely inflated prices) with instruction booklets translated by Goki.
    The Movie MPs are a different story, they're usually the better Movie Leader class toys with better decoes. I'm not a Movie fan in general but MPM Starscream still blows me away.

All the MPs I have are great, but they're pricey if you're not getting them at Japanese retail prices.

To be honest, my advice is to just get what you like the look of, and not worry about the lines they're from. If it's MIB you're after specifically with the intent of keeping them in their boxes, then the Movie lines are probably just as good and much less expensive for the most part.

There are two main line Takara Tomy versions of Ultra Magnus (MP-2, MP-22), Starscream (MP-3, MP-11)and Skywarp (MP-6, MP-11SW). The second versions of Ultra Magnus, Starscream and Skywarp are generally considered better versions because of the superior moulds. There are three main line versions of Optimus (MP-1, MP-4, MP-10) and there are debates over which Optimus is better.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Yeah...MPs basically start in Japan, and then - if you're lucky - they get brought over (at hugely inflated prices) with instruction booklets translated by Goki.
    The Movie MPs are a different story, they're usually the better Movie Leader class toys with better decoes. I'm not a Movie fan in general but MPM Starscream still blows me away.

All the MPs I have are great, but they're pricey if you're not getting them at Japanese retail prices.

To be honest, my advice is to just get what you like the look of, and not worry about the lines they're from. If it's MIB you're after specifically with the intent of keeping them in their boxes, then the Movie lines are probably just as good and much less expensive for the most part.
    Woah just googled MPM starscream can't see one under $500 on eBay.